• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone used this Chinese shoe maker?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoes look good in the photos and the prices are good. But no experience with them.

twosnapsandgo

Reaction score
Looks great. For those styles and workmanship with that price!! If you end up purchasing please do tell me how you like them.

Edit: I take back what I said. I was taught if something is too good to be true it mostly is! Who knows if the person selling those shoes is some scammer. Infact based on those pictures it looks like each shoe was taken at a different location. If you are going to buy from this "shoe maker" i suggest you ask very specific question.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never bought anything from them but I'm pretty sure that I have seen the name mentioned before in a thread on sf.

-LR

jha222

Reaction score
How do you know they are chinese shoe makers?
I didn't see any detail information about the shoe makers on the website. They dont even give a brand name.
If you could give me about some info about the factory and brand of the shoes, I probably would find some insight information about them because I am Chinese.

Stewie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jha222
How do you know they are chinese shoe makers?
I didn't see any detail information about the shoe makers on the website. They dont even give a brand name.
If you could give me about some info about the factory and brand of the shoes, I probably would find some insight information about them because I am Chinese.

Say's Hong Kong for their location, just not on that page. I've been eyeing them as well.

They only have 2 sales so far....

jha222

Reaction score
I saw that too.
There are several descent Chinese shoe makers back in mainland China, although it's been years since I wore any Chinese label. I probably will do some research on Chinese shoe makers this winter when I get back.
Chinese do make some descent sophisticated stuff at least in the watch industry, it's gaining more and more attention.
Originally Posted by Stewie
Say's Hong Kong for their location, just not on that page. I've been eyeing them as well.

They only have 2 sales so far....

Annadale

Reaction score
If you could post details of the shoemakers in mainland China, it would be a great help!
I'm a British 12 1/2 F fitting and am living in Guangzhou for the next twelve months. There are no shoes suitable for me anywhere in this city. I brought two pairs of brogues with me, runners , and a pair of hikers. I should have brought more! Any advice on where to get some made would be appreciated.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some very nice looking shoes though I would wager the leather in this line of shoes and boots are corrected grain and paper thin. They look fine but won't take a beating for long. That monk chukka doesn't look half bad but you can tell it's not high quality leather.
il_570xN.170817953.jpg
http://www.etsy.com/listing/55232628...-leather-boots

Alex C

Reaction score
I'm rather interested in these, if someone has any experience with them. The lack of feedback on etsy worries me though.

mjc

Reaction score
The Etsy store reports a grand total of 2 sales, so the lack of feedback is not surprising.

- Mike

twosnapsandgo

Reaction score
Basically this is cheap leather. Looks good from afar but up close you see it is cheap. I guess at first glance I thought it was okay. After seeing lack of reviews I decided to do a bit of investigation work. Take your chances, this is no Italian leather hand made shoe. This is mass manufactured shoes. http://www.made-in-china.com/showroo...s-AR-208-.html Here is where this "etsy" shop got their photos from. Company: \tAn Rui Shoes Company Ltd. Basic Information Business Type: \t Manufacturer Product/Service: \t Company Address: \t Mong Kok Kowloon Hong Kong Hong Kong No. of Total Employees: \t Website: \t Ownership & Capital Year Established: \t Legal Representative/Business Owner: \t Trade & Market Main Markets: \t Total Annual Sales Volume:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads