• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone use Taigan?

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got an invite from Sid Mashburn (the incredible Atlanta men's store) to join Taigan (http://www.taigan.com/) free for one month. Taigan appears to be a collection of boutiques under one banner. While it is nice to be able to see the videos posted by Sid and his guys, they charge $15 a month for the privilege of buying things from these boutiques. Has anyone else used this site? I can't imagine that I am going to pay $180 a year for it. I really think Sid Mashburn would be better off posting this kind of stuff on their own site.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hilarious. Are we back to 1999 or what? How do people get such ridiculous businesses funded? Pay $15/month for the privilege of spending your money...
crackup[1].gif

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
hilarious. Are we back to 1999 or what? How do people get such ridiculous businesses funded? Pay $15/month for the privilege of spending your money...
crackup[1].gif

I couldn't agree more - it seems ludicrous. Sorry for the bump, but has anyone else encountered this site? Anyone bought anything? Any of the boutiques listed have any insight into the business model?

Jack2000

Reaction score
Paying a fee for the privilege of buying something at retail pricing seems like a strange idea. But if you view the member benefits page you will see that you get to participate in such novel activities as BROWSE, VIEW and SIGNUP. It is all clear now.

Bartolo

Reaction score
The website offers a free 30-day full trial.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the products are exlusive to this outlet I'm sure people will pay. Hell... people pay up from for the privilege of shopping at Costco...

davidmac

Reaction score
curated collection of the best shops/boutiques from across US with fresh video uploads would be very attractive to the shopaholics of the world.

Explored the site yesterday...like the personal touch that each retailer brings with their own videos. Check out REVIVAL videos.....very good!

Seems like a great aggregation play....I think they have under-priced it at $15/month!
fight[1].gif

mr.blueeyes

Reaction score
I'd pay the fee to get to Sid's store without having to go cross town in ATL. traffic - and how can you shop at Sid's if $15.00 is that big a deal?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davidmac
curated collection of the best shops/boutiques from across US with fresh video uploads would be very attractive to the shopaholics of the world.

Explored the site yesterday...like the personal touch that each retailer brings with their own videos. Check out REVIVAL videos.....very good!

Seems like a great aggregation play....I think they have under-priced it at $15/month!
fight[1].gif

Originally Posted by mr.blueeyes
I'd pay the fee to get to Sid's store without having to go cross town in ATL. traffic - and how can you shop at Sid's if $15.00 is that big a deal?

Hilarious spam shilling sessions from n00b and n00ber... carry on guys...
lol8[1].gif

davidmac

Reaction score
IT'S NO secret that I am an admirer of the writer Julia Reed. She's the New Orleans-based dynamo who can delineate the antics of a first lady or the wiles of a business criminal or tell us how they make everything from coleslaw to the Rolls Royce engine.

An ace reporter for Newsweek, her hobby is food, glorious food ... and a little bit of drink. And once upon a time, Julia added heft to whatever serious thing Vogue might be offering, but she slipped out of Anna Wintour's hands.

Julia is a charter member of the Wow gang when we can nail her down. But now I want to tell you about her moonlighting as the "creative director" of another brand-new Website called www.taigan.com.

Shopping online may feel pretty impersonal, but Julia insists that taigan.com is different and her part of it is writing a little magazine on the Website, called "fetch." The taigan.com site showcases really great individual retailers who each have a gorgeous homepage where they post delightful videos of their wares.

Julia's column under the "fetch" name talks about holiday entertaining and making merry (She is an expert as all of her husbands and boyfriends could tell you.) Julia's column stays "up" on the site for two weeks at a time and changes slightly each Wednesday. The Wows advise you to get onto this for your own sake. (I always take Julia's advice on everything because I'm afraid of her and fear she'll take away my Southern eating privileges.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads