• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone Try TM Lewin's Detatchable Collar Shirts?

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Great collection of collars, Anthony! I note that you wear the same shirt size as I do, so with that in mind please let me know when your house is unoccupied during the day, so I can plan accordingly the next time I'm in Wales.
biggrin.gif

Seriously, though, I'd like to see pics of the grey, black and red multi-stripe shirt that goes with your third collar - is that one vintage?

Anthony Jordan

Reaction score
Geoff, happy to tell you when I tend to be out, provided that you don't expect me to reveal the location of the mantraps as well...

002-2.jpg

003-11.jpg

I like to think of it as "subtle and understated", my wife likes to think of it as "horrible"...

The brand is "Glostura"; 1950s or early 1960s as a guess. One interesting touch, which you can just make out in the bigger photograph, is that it has a panelled front. It also wraps-over slightly at the front below the panel (you can see the button to the left of the blade of the tie.) It came with three collars, which I thought was quite generous.

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
Currently deciding whether to wear my customary double round, a Cameron cutaway, or a Burlington tomorrow. Leaning towards the latter right now.

Looked at the tie, realised it was too thick for the lower collars, and went with the double round. I was running late this morning, and ended up putting it on in the car - turned out well. Will take a pic if I can, just to prove that it can be done.

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Ask, and you shall receive:
006-1.jpg
009.jpg
Suit: Hickey Freeman Shirt: TM Lewin Collar: Luke Eyres double round (also requested by a female colleague earlier this week) Tie: TM Lewin Shots of the shirt and collar:
010.jpg
011.jpg
014.jpg

Anthony Jordan

Reaction score
That's a handsome collar there, and of course one can also get washable versions for those who can't access a suitable laundry:

http://www.darcyclothing.com/shop/co...lar-co125.html

I would post pictures of my own stiff collars, but unfortunately the Royal Mail lost most of them last year !
musicboohoo[1].gif
(There are some pics on my sig. site below.)

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anthony Jordan
That's a handsome collar there, and of course one can also get washable versions for those who can't access a suitable laundry

Thanks! When I dress in full rig, I play for keeps. I have yet to do three-piece + stiff collar + homburg + spats, as that would be a bit over the top. I find, actually, that the double round rarely gets a second glance when I'm out and about. The only casual comment I got from a man was, "Hey, I like that Gordon Gekko look!"

I haven't tried Darcy's washables (mainly due to the price), but I've been using Barker laundry and a local one for my collars, and I've never had an issue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads