• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone Try TM Lewin's Detatchable Collar Shirts?

Anthony Jordan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
Hi Anthony - good to hear from you again!

What sort of selection to they have in the B&M stores? Online offerings, while great, are limited to blue (3 patterns) and white.

Geoff

Thanks Geoff - it's good to be back!

Here's my selection, principally bought through this route (plus one blue not illustrated):

006-8.jpg

005-9.jpg

004-11.jpg

003-10.jpg

In answer to previous postings, whilst I agree it would be good if Lewin did offer separate collars as well as the single soft collar which comes with each shirt, there are a fair number of other retailers which do, both stiff and soft. I will be happy to provide links if anyone is interested.

A.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for posting those pics! If they were mine I'd buy 1 or 2 white collars and be set.

Anthony Jordan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
Wow, thanks for posting those pics! If they were mine I'd buy 1 or 2 white collars and be set.

You're very welcome. If you like, I'll take a picture of my stack of soft collars next!

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anthony Jordan
Thanks Geoff - it's good to be back! Here's my selection, principally bought through this route (plus one blue not illustrated):
006-8.jpg

I really like this one! Do you know if it can still be ordered? Love the collection - am jealous, and will have to post mine.

Anthony Jordan

Reaction score
Geoff, I am not sure as I bought these through my local outlet shop a couple of years ago. The way I used to do it before the outlet opened was to call their Chancery Lane shop (who used to carry the best selection), choose the one I wanted from the description, and then have it sent out to the mail order section who would then post and invoice me. Perhaps they might do the same now, if asked?

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, you can always ask your shirtmakers to make detachable collar shirt for you. I got mine from Takly and Ascot Chang in HK, without extra charge. You also can order extra collar in different styles, with little charge and sometime free, depend on what shop you are in, and how well your business relationship with them.

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice collar collection.

The hole in the back do you like it vertical or horizontal?

Anthony Jordan

Reaction score
Thank you both. I don't really mind how the back collar stud hole is cut, although I find that a horizontal hole in the back of the tunic shirt marries well with a vertical hole in the back of the collar.

Melcombe

Reaction score
Ede & Ravenscroft do a big range of tunic collar shirts, supplying mainly to the legal profession for court dress (wing collars, bands etc).

IMHO the patterned shirts look very good with a cutaway white stiff collar.

Anthony Jordan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
Seem like these could be handy if you use the kind of tiebar that pierces the collar.

Indeed; that's how I like to wear the last collar illustrated, given its softness and very long points.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads