• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone try the "Gap Gough"?

mongo615

Reaction score
I Just Ordered A Pair From The Store In Manchester, Ma For $9.97+shipping. While I'm Just Getting Into The Raw/selvage Thing, I Thought That Was Too Good A Deal To Pass Up. They May Not Be A.p.c., Nudie(1 Pair Nudie, 2 A.p.c.) Or The Japanese Stuff, But They'll Make Good Beaters--hope I'm Not Disappointed.

modagg

Reaction score
i went to a gap and when they didn't have them i asked if anyone knew about the "go" jeans. the lady said they were new but since they weren't a large store they might not be getting them. (she may have been slightly confused but she was the only one who knew what gough's were. anyways she called all over the country and found some in virginia or something. i grabbed a 32x32 for myself and 33x32 and a 34x32 for some of my friends who are always asking about my nudies and i"ll figured this would be a good first try at salvage deal. basically if they dont have them, get the book and find the product number and they can enter it in the computer and they can call around. btw i paid $35 for the 3 pairs so good deal; their out there so dont go spending $40+ on ebay (haven't gotten them so i cant comment on the quality and if their worth $40 but still u can get them for $15 (including shipping) so why not).

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maydenchina
If anyone has size 28 or 30 let me know!
i havew a 28 with a light spot on the knee where i tripped and fell on it(about a 1" wide circle)

how much do you want to give me for them?

maydenchina

Reaction score
gah, i want a new pair
frown.gif

mongo615

Reaction score
Try 1800gapstyle--you can find the style # in one of the posts about these jeans and they can tell you where to call

mongo615

Reaction score
You can get the style # from reply #52 of this post--follow his instructions, and you'll probably get your jeans

maydenchina

Reaction score
I tried that .....didn't really work and the ppl stopped checking after like 2 stores...

damn lazy ppl

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try different states, once you find one that has a pair in stock, you have to convince them to go on the shop floor and LOOK! If they system shows one, I assure you they have more. I called a local one, they said they had one pair in my size, when I got there they had 5 pair, the lazy asses just didnt look. SO, if you call and find one out of state, sweet talk them to go and look. Use the product code, not the name, they wont reckognize the name, just the product number.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, if it shows they have one pair, most times it means they don't have any.

McG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Actually, if it shows they have one pair, most times it means they don't have any.

As a (thankfully) former Gap employee, I can second this. A locator that told us we had 1 of any item left usually meant it had sold recently. On the other hand, I always called all over the place to find items that people were after. Availability varies regionally by item, but the salesperson should have an idea of what stores to call - and should do so.

modagg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by McG
As a (thankfully) former Gap employee, I can second this. A locator that told us we had 1 of any item left usually meant it had sold recently. On the other hand, I always called all over the place to find items that people were after. Availability varies regionally by item, but the salesperson should have an idea of what stores to call - and should do so.

yeah, employees prob have a pretty good idea who would have them. some ppl are just so damn lazy though; i remember as my lady was on hold another employee said "thats too much work for a pair of $10 jeans"; yeah leaning on a desk, waiting on hold is so much work. we have a lady like this where i work and i just dont understand how ppl can be happy being so completely useless. maybe if their giving u crap, go at a non-busy time or maybe say "someone did it for me yesterday at another mall but my buddy wants a pair" or something like that.

Reaction score
I'm way too late on this. I probably could've gotten a pair if I tried a couple of weeks ago. The national Gap representative person gave me a bunch of numbers to call, and they don't have any.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modagg
yeah, employees prob have a pretty good idea who would have them. some ppl are just so damn lazy though; i remember as my lady was on hold another employee said "thats too much work for a pair of $10 jeans"; yeah leaning on a desk, waiting on hold is so much work. we have a lady like this where i work and i just dont understand how ppl can be happy being so completely useless. maybe if their giving u crap, go at a non-busy time or maybe say "someone did it for me yesterday at another mall but my buddy wants a pair" or something like that.
Do you have any idea what these people get paid? It's a little annoying if they won't go out of their way, but I don't hold it against them if they don't bend over backwards for me.

modagg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Do you have any idea what these people get paid? It's a little annoying if they won't go out of their way, but I don't hold it against them if they don't bend over backwards for me.

regardless of what u get paid, u should work hard. im not asking them to build a deck or perform brain surgery; i would call around if they would let me come behind the counter and explain the computer to me. ppl like u are the reason the world sucks. regardless of what u make, u should work hard. i hate the "i only make $7 an hour so im only gonna do $7 worth of work" mentality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads