Anyone try the "Gap Gough"?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Stylin-1, Nov 26, 2006.

1. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Ok, I found a couple at the Park Place Mall Gap here in Tucson... There was a 30x32 I tried on. Waist was good but the fit at the thigh was too loose for my tastes. Not too bad but I found it hard to buy them, even at 19.99 pre tax.

2. visionology

visionology Senior member

Yesterday I hit up the 5th and 54th store in NYC. They had 2 pairs of the Gough left, both not my size, however I tried on the straight fit selvage and I really liked the fit so I bought them. As mentioned they are a bit lighter weight than the goughs and more expensive but I liked the pockets in the back more and I actually preferred the lighter weight fabric.

In our trip to manhattan I also went to Uniqlo in SoHo but they only had 2 pairs of their dry denim left, both size 29 which is far from my 33-34. I wish they had a web store. The salesman said they are getting a new shipment in 2 weeks, in case anyone is heading that way, but you have to jump quick, he said they sell out really fast.

3. newbien

newbien Well-Known Member

anyone know any spots in nyc that still got goughs in stock? I looked into 3-4 stores couldnt find any. Are they going to be releasing more goughs in 07?

4. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

i got some and i like them.

they will lose indigo quick tho... just tripped and fell on my knee and it lost a bunch... 10X what my samurais would from the same scrape.

5. knucks

knucks Senior member

i got some and i like them. they will lose indigo quick tho... just tripped and fell on my knee and it lost a bunch... 10X what my samurais would from the same scrape.
    thats what i like about them, too bad they need to be a bit more tapered from the knee for my tastes..oh well if they don't sell i'll still wear em.

6. corbu

corbu Senior member

went to try a pair and for $20 they seem like they'll make decent dirty work jeans. the fit wasnt bad, nor all that good.

however, when i went to pay for them, they rang up $52.50 [​IMG] even though they were on the $19.99 table. I think i'll go back and try to buy them tomorrow when theres a different cashier that i can convince that theyre mismarked.

7. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

I found the selvedge at a gap in the DC area (pentagon city mall), but they were on the wall, not the 19.99 table. i don't think they're supposed to be on sale (except under the standard 25% off all denim sale), and if they are 19.99, it's a local store decision.

8. nastyandy

nastyandy Senior member

Just so some of you are aware, there are apparently new selvedge jeans that Gap is bringing in for Spring 2007. I think they retail at $69, maybe they are on sale right now, and this may be what some people are finding. They are not raw, however, they are washed and the selvedge is blue. I saw a Gap employee unloading them last week while I was looking for the rainbow selvedge Morrisons.

Also, for those in NY, I may be late in mentioning this, but the day before Xmas, the Gap on 43rd and Broadway had a ton of Gough jeans. I bought one that day for $40, and since lost my receipt, sucks for me.

9. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Just so some of you are aware, there are apparently new selvedge jeans that Gap is bringing in for Spring 2007. I think they retail at $69, maybe they are on sale right now, and this may be what some people are finding. They are not raw, however, they are washed and the selvedge is blue. I saw a Gap employee unloading them last week while I was looking for the rainbow selvedge Morrisons.

Also, for those in NY, I may be late in mentioning this, but the day before Xmas, the Gap on 43rd and Broadway had a ton of Gough jeans. I bought one that day for $40, and since lost my receipt, sucks for me.

might be right. i saw and passed on those. they had some weird selvedge detail thing going on the coin pocket.

10. knucks

knucks Senior member

I went back to the gap where I got my gough to pick up some pairs for others, they were all out. Barely had Morrison in the "rinsed" either

11. visionology

I went to the Broadway Gap and didn't see any on Friday. Me and my girl scoured the store and when we asked an employee if they sold any "gough" jeans she said, "ummm we don't sell that here"...

12. corbu

corbu Senior member

I went back today and realized i got confused on the new goughs (which are out and much better than the first) and the $20 ones. However, the only difference between the two are a couple of tags that are removable... i'm not one to do such things, but if someone really wanted to save that 30 some dollars on the newer ones (which i would wear for 20, but not 50), there is a way [​IMG] also, i went to go buy this rinsed jacket in large for 30 that i tried on earlier (why i didnt buy it then, i'll never know)... but the only large was gone [​IMG] gap's online store doesnt have larges either if someone sees one of these in large while looking for the Goughs, let me know... i'd be happy to make arrangements with you to get it [​IMG]

13. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

What's the difference with the new Goughs?

Also, seriously, you don't want that jacket. The denim is really pretty low quality and will break long before any indigo falls off.

14. corbu

corbu Senior member

What's the difference with the new Goughs?

Also, seriously, you don't want that jacket. The denim is really pretty low quality and will break long before any indigo falls off.

the details just dont seem as gaudy.... the selvage looks ugly, but the back pockets are much better. i cant comment on the quality of the denim so much... but it was much stiffer than the morrison, but slightly lighter than the old gough.

i already started looking into a sugarcane jacket, as well. i figure if its that cheap, it wont last as long as i'd like it to. :/

15. visionology

how do you break a denim jacket?