• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone try out Levi's Slim Boot 507?

jkennett

Reaction score
not many will be interested in them here... because they're what superfuture kids would refer to as flarez. straight leg or skinny are winners at the moment... possibly wider legs in the coming seasons... but flares are dead for a while.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
I still love flares.
frown.gif
They look cool with boots. It's funny, just a few years ago tapered jeans were a joke. I wonder if it'll come full circle again ... I think those jeans look great, you should wear whatever works for your style. Not everything has to be so cut-and-narrow.

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I still love flares.
frown.gif
They look cool with boots.
It's funny, just a few years ago tapered jeans were a joke. I wonder if it'll come full circle again ... I think those jeans look great, you should wear whatever works for your style. Not everything has to be so cut-and-narrow.

It definitely will come around full circle... but not for a while in my opinion. Silhouettes will change soon enough, but I think it will be for looser fits in a straight leg jean. I could be wrong though... I definitely think everyone should wear whatever they want; I was just answering the question as to why no one was showing love for those particular Levi's on this forum.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkennett
not many will be interested in them here... because they're what superfuture kids would refer to as flarez. straight leg or skinny are winners at the moment... possibly wider legs in the coming seasons... but flares are dead for a while.

I wonder if these kids know how ridiculously stupid they look in those skin tight leggings.
confused.gif

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
I wonder if these kids know how ridiculously stupid they look in those skin tight leggings.
confused.gif

That's really subjective, and beside the point. They probably think they look pretty awesome since they went out and spent the cash on those particular jeans.. They also probably don't care what someone who calls them "skin tight leggings" thinks about them. That's not to say that they'll be wearing them next year... It'll probably be a different look by then. If you hadn't noticed though... Few posters here wear skinny jeans... Most wear a pretty traditional straight leg cut that isn't far deviated from the vintage 501 cuts.

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
As you look back at yourself 20 years from now, "what was I thinking?!"

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkennett
It definitely will come around full circle... but not for a while in my opinion. Silhouettes will change soon enough, but I think it will be for looser fits in a straight leg jean. I could be wrong though... I definitely think everyone should wear whatever they want; I was just answering the question as to why no one was showing love for those particular Levi's on this forum.

Oh no, I definitely get what you were talking about. I always just found it interesting that things are considered this way without first considering how they compliment the wearer ... it's surprising the amount of peer-pressure to conformity places like this seem to encourage.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I have a little different taste then most here. Finding Jeans that fit me right is kind of hard since, well, Im skinny lol so thats why those appeal to me because they are what would probley look best on me. I definetly dont dress like the other kids in my Highschool considering they where all this abrecombie and Fitch, aeropastale, and stuff like that wich in my opinnion is horrible looking. I wish I had the money to buy some higher end stuff because I have more expensive taste then this but dont have the money to get what I really want.

calbee

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the 507 and I love Levi's, IMHO it's a bit too low waisted and in the US they only made them in 32 lengths which is kinda odd for a slim fitting jean, but oh well...

I remember selling jeans in SF when bootcut was all the rage. I used to show the new Tsubi stuff to chicks and they would say "OMG I'll never wear pegged jeans again I only wear boot cut." I'm sure now they all have super skinny pegged jeans on. **** levis just remade the 511 in black acid wash, if acid wash can come back anything can... I'm stocking up on pleated bell bottoms to get ahead of the trend.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I looked at some, and figure you could size down two on a pair of 517's and come out with enough money to put 2-3 gallons of gas in your car.

I really want some of the sta-prest 511's. Have you seen those Jokerman? they are rad-diculous.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Stitching on those 507s sucks. Lord, that's ugly. What are they thinking? Also, what's Levis thinking going with another boot cut when that's clearly not the choice these days?

ang_kangkong

Reaction score
I don't mind it. The cut doesn't look atrocious, but then I got a bootcut myself. Didn't like the pre-distressed ones, and it doesn't look like they have the dry-looking one. Price ain't bad, though, right?

Let us know how it fades, if you do get it.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow surprised to see this thread back up. I ended up buing 2 pairs of 514. I realized bootcuts are not for me.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I like the cut/profile, at least judging by the ad photos, but I don't like that they messed around with the traditional Levis stitching. Could be a good bootcut, though personally bootcuts always feel like big bellbottoms on me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads