1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone try out Levi's Slim Boot 507?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jokerman, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

2. jkennett

jkennett Senior member

east coast to west and back to east. currently res
    not many will be interested in them here... because they're what superfuture kids would refer to as flarez. straight leg or skinny are winners at the moment... possibly wider legs in the coming seasons... but flares are dead for a while.

3. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I still love flares. [​IMG] They look cool with boots. It's funny, just a few years ago tapered jeans were a joke. I wonder if it'll come full circle again ... I think those jeans look great, you should wear whatever works for your style. Not everything has to be so cut-and-narrow.

4. jkennett

jkennett Senior member

I still love flares. [​IMG] They look cool with boots.
    It's funny, just a few years ago tapered jeans were a joke. I wonder if it'll come full circle again ... I think those jeans look great, you should wear whatever works for your style. Not everything has to be so cut-and-narrow.

It definitely will come around full circle... but not for a while in my opinion. Silhouettes will change soon enough, but I think it will be for looser fits in a straight leg jean. I could be wrong though... I definitely think everyone should wear whatever they want; I was just answering the question as to why no one was showing love for those particular Levi's on this forum.

5. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

not many will be interested in them here... because they're what superfuture kids would refer to as flarez. straight leg or skinny are winners at the moment... possibly wider legs in the coming seasons... but flares are dead for a while.

I wonder if these kids know how ridiculously stupid they look in those skin tight leggings. [​IMG]

6. jkennett

jkennett Senior member

I wonder if these kids know how ridiculously stupid they look in those skin tight leggings. [​IMG]
    That's really subjective, and beside the point. They probably think they look pretty awesome since they went out and spent the cash on those particular jeans.. They also probably don't care what someone who calls them "skin tight leggings" thinks about them. That's not to say that they'll be wearing them next year... It'll probably be a different look by then. If you hadn't noticed though... Few posters here wear skinny jeans... Most wear a pretty traditional straight leg cut that isn't far deviated from the vintage 501 cuts.

7. Mr. Potato

Mr. Potato Senior member

As you look back at yourself 20 years from now, "what was I thinking?!"

8. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

It definitely will come around full circle... but not for a while in my opinion. Silhouettes will change soon enough, but I think it will be for looser fits in a straight leg jean. I could be wrong though... I definitely think everyone should wear whatever they want; I was just answering the question as to why no one was showing love for those particular Levi's on this forum.

Oh no, I definitely get what you were talking about. I always just found it interesting that things are considered this way without first considering how they compliment the wearer ... it's surprising the amount of peer-pressure to conformity places like this seem to encourage.

9. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Well I guess I have a little different taste then most here. Finding Jeans that fit me right is kind of hard since, well, Im skinny lol so thats why those appeal to me because they are what would probley look best on me. I definetly dont dress like the other kids in my Highschool considering they where all this abrecombie and Fitch, aeropastale, and stuff like that wich in my opinnion is horrible looking. I wish I had the money to buy some higher end stuff because I have more expensive taste then this but dont have the money to get what I really want.

10. calbee

calbee Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of the 507 and I love Levi's, IMHO it's a bit too low waisted and in the US they only made them in 32 lengths which is kinda odd for a slim fitting jean, but oh well...

I remember selling jeans in SF when bootcut was all the rage. I used to show the new Tsubi stuff to chicks and they would say "OMG I'll never wear pegged jeans again I only wear boot cut." I'm sure now they all have super skinny pegged jeans on. Shit levis just remade the 511 in black acid wash, if acid wash can come back anything can... I'm stocking up on pleated bell bottoms to get ahead of the trend.

11. robbie

robbie Senior member

I looked at some, and figure you could size down two on a pair of 517's and come out with enough money to put 2-3 gallons of gas in your car.

I really want some of the sta-prest 511's. Have you seen those Jokerman? they are rad-diculous.

12. Robert

Robert Senior member

Stitching on those 507s sucks. Lord, that's ugly. What are they thinking? Also, what's Levis thinking going with another boot cut when that's clearly not the choice these days?

13. ang_kangkong

ang_kangkong Senior member

I don't mind it. The cut doesn't look atrocious, but then I got a bootcut myself. Didn't like the pre-distressed ones, and it doesn't look like they have the dry-looking one. Price ain't bad, though, right?

Let us know how it fades, if you do get it.

14. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Wow surprised to see this thread back up. I ended up buing 2 pairs of 514. I realized bootcuts are not for me.

15. Robert

Robert Senior member

I like the cut/profile, at least judging by the ad photos, but I don't like that they messed around with the traditional Levis stitching. Could be a good bootcut, though personally bootcuts always feel like big bellbottoms on me.

16. 2sweet

2sweet Senior member

Wearing what's "in" at the moment is a completely futile exercise. What's "in" for one group, is completely unacceptable, strange, bizarres, silly or vapid for another. Buy what looks good on you. Personally, I have thicker than average thighs and hips, so a straight leg will look tapered, and a boot cut is therefore much more flattering for my physique.

One cookie cutter style most certainly DOES NOT fit all.

17. crankerstordard

crankerstordard New Member

How are these jeans for the 1970s look? I'm looking for that boot flare/tight hip look like they had in the 1970s but haven't been able to find ANY men's jeans like what I want, and I don't wanna look like an emo/scene kid. I did try girls jeans once but I think they're TOO small.

However: I do want a tighter fit and the flare around the boots.

Here are some pics of what I'm looking for, any advice on where to find similar ones?

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...efane/48dc.jpg (Blue Ash band)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...1973/page1.jpg (Jimmy Page)

http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jeanzcm0.jpg (Eric Clapton)

Yeah, I'm definitely goin' vintage here, I just want to find a jean that fits my skinny body a bit better.

18. robbie

robbie Senior member

I think that Levis' 646 would be about right. They are much higher waisted than a modern jean, but they are going to fit the '70's arena rock' look.

19. crankerstordard

crankerstordard New Member

20. robbie

robbie Senior member

646's or 684's.

I've been meaning to set up a pay-pal account in the hopes of selling a pair of 646's I'd cop'D from a thrift store a while back. If your interested I might be willing to part w/ them.