• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone tried Son of a Tailor T Shirts?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it increasingly hard to find quality basic T-shirts that fit well. I like the RRL T-shirts but they are a bit pricey even when on sale.

I guess due to my searches, Son of a Tailor adds started poping up. They claim to make custom fitted T-shirts. Sound good. They aren't too cheap but not overly pricey either.

Anyone here tried them and can speak to their quality/fit?

Linking them here so SF can get credit for traffic.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
They are great. I have about 5. The first one might not fit so don't order a whole lot at once - I think they will remake for you for free if it doesn't fit. Most of mine are standard cotton. I prefer the heavier fabric, as the lighter one is a bit thin for me. I love the single-stitch neck, and they sometimes have pockets available, which are very nice. I recently bought one in pique, which I like a lot - the fit on that seems slightly more snug than the standard cotton, so you might want to create a slightly more generous custom size for pique.

For my wallet they are on the higher end of what I would pay for a t-shirt - i would buy more if I could. I just bought four blank t-shirts to sew pockets onto, and I went with £4 basics (which fit OK) - if I could have justified the cost I would have bought more SOT ones. If price isn't such a factor for you then I would DEFINITELY try one (and perhaps a refit after that).

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are great. I have about 5. The first one might not fit so don't order a whole lot at once - I think they will remake for you for free if it doesn't fit. Most of mine are standard cotton. I prefer the heavier fabric, as the lighter one is a bit thin for me. I love the single-stitch neck, and they sometimes have pockets available, which are very nice. I recently bought one in pique, which I like a lot - the fit on that seems slightly more snug than the standard cotton, so you might want to create a slightly more generous custom size for pique.

For my wallet they are on the higher end of what I would pay for a t-shirt - i would buy more if I could. I just bought four blank t-shirts to sew pockets onto, and I went with £4 basics (which fit OK) - if I could have justified the cost I would have bought more SOT ones. If price isn't such a factor for you then I would DEFINITELY try one (and perhaps a refit after that).

Thanks!

That is helpful. I was about to pull the trigger when I saw JCrew had all of their 1990s cotton T-shirts on sale for $18 each so I just ordered a bunch of those. It those don't work out, I'll give SOT a try.

OzWino

Reaction score
Yep, definitely recommend SoT. Good quality and seem to be made sustainabily. I have difficulty finding things that fit, so this was ideal. Slightly pricey, but i'll be getting more at some point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads