• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

anyone tried ordering from matchesfashion.com?? help needed!

jyeom12

Reaction score
There is a jil sander jacket I like at www.matchesfashion.com, but it seems that
the site is UK based, and I guess to order the item from America, I have to
pay import tax. If anybody's tried them, could you please let me know how much the
tax is gonna be like? the clothing is about $1500 i think.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received last week from Matches the burgundy Jil Sander wool coat currently on sale (initial price £1,218). I do not know if it's the one you want to buy. Being on sale at 80% off, I did not mind the DHL shipping fees (20 GBP) + customs (about 30SUD for Switzerland, no idea what would be for US). Send them an email if the VAT is not removed from the total price.

domkid78

Reaction score
Hi I work for www.matchesfashion.com and run the menswear online business. We ship worldwide and different countries charge different import duties, the US is usually 12-15% depending on what garment is and value. However if you live outside the Europen Union you dont pay the UK VAT which is 15%. We stock leading menswear brands like Balenciaga, Gucci, Dolce,Prada,Marc Jacobs to name but a few. Hope this answers your questions....

laveton10

Reaction score
Dont do it. Customer service is rude and unhelpful. They charged my account twice for one order and insisted it was my bank's fault.
Still hasn't been resolved

HughJ

Reaction score
I've had nothing but good experiences with them. I ordered a wallet for my girlfriend, and when it arrived a little scuffed up from shipping they sent me a new one overnight. It actually arrived before I sent the first one back. The CSR I emailed was courteous and apologetic. They also ensured that it was clearly marked as an exchange so that i was not charged for duties again.

At the time I ordered, they only accepted major credit cards. If that is still the case, the guy above shouldn't have a hard time getting this straightened out.

kelice

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered Louboutin from matches? They can't be ordered directly from the site, but you have to order through the phone and give them all your card details and so on....
Has anyone done that? And what happens if you want to return the item?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads