• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

anyone staying in for NYE?

MrGoodBytes

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
412
Reaction score
3
well I'm happy on one end, my project I have 6 man months invested in just went live this afternoon... sad on the other hand that my final 72hr work binge has left me in no condition for doing anything but sleeping right now.

anyone else ditching out on new years tonight?
 

Archivist

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2010
Messages
688
Reaction score
27
God yes. NYE is an ugly night to be running around.

I have friends that have a new years day party every year, I enjoy that a lot more.
 

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2010
Messages
2,904
Reaction score
367
Yep, stuck in a city where I don't know anyone due to work. Watching TV online and eating take away food.
 

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Joined
Nov 21, 2007
Messages
33,652
Reaction score
862
Originally Posted by Blackhood
Yep, stuck in a city where I don't know anyone due to work. Watching TV online and eating take away food.

Dude this would be the best night to go out and make new friends.
 

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Messages
30,460
Reaction score
6,126
yeah i don't really celebrate nye
 

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
May 25, 2008
Messages
12,314
Reaction score
4,613
I had plans (including possibly meeting up with FLMM), but the flu decided to go ahead and ruin them.
 

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Joined
Nov 21, 2007
Messages
33,652
Reaction score
862
Originally Posted by MrG
I had plans (including possibly meeting up with FLMM), but the flu decided to go ahead and ruin them.

Was that b/c he planned on spending NYE with a girl who "lives like 10 blocks from MrG"???
 

NewYorkIslander

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
9,995
Reaction score
5,551
Originally Posted by Archivist
God yes. NYE is an ugly night to be running around.

I have friends that have a new years day party every year, I enjoy that a lot more.


+1

Originally Posted by MrG
I had plans (including possibly meeting up with FLMM), but the flu decided to go ahead and ruin them.

Feel better man, that sucks
 

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Messages
30,460
Reaction score
6,126
Originally Posted by MrG
I had plans (including possibly meeting up with FLMM), but the flu decided to go ahead and ruin them.

I would have been a part of that. Except I can't text so no meetup.
 

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
May 25, 2008
Messages
12,314
Reaction score
4,613
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Was that b/c he planned on spending NYE with a girl who "lives like 10 blocks from MrG"???


Haha. Kind of. He's in Atlanta for FSU's bowl game, and I was thinking of heading out there, both to run some errands and to maybe grab a couple of beers with him.

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
...

Feel better man, that sucks


Thanks, dude. The doc put me on Tamiflu, and I'm actually feeling a bit better today. Even so, I still feel like hell, and, even if I could handle going out, there's no need for me to expose other people to this.
 

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
May 25, 2008
Messages
12,314
Reaction score
4,613
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
I would have been a part of that. Except I can't text so no meetup.

I dunno, Ed, I can text, and that's not the story FLMM relayed to me.
 

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
2,036
Reaction score
92
Originally Posted by MrG
Haha. Kind of. He's in Atlanta for FSU's bowl game, and I was thinking of heading out there, both to run some errands and to maybe grab a couple of beers with him.
That first punt return was almost embarrassing...I feel a lot better now. (edit: the UGA game).
Originally Posted by MrG
Thanks, dude. The doc put me on Tamiflu, and I'm actually feeling a bit better today. Even so, I still feel like hell, and, even if I could handle going out, there's no need for me to expose other people to this.
Ugh, that sounds miserable...feel better dude.
Originally Posted by MrG
I dunno, Ed, I can text, and that's not the story FLMM relayed to me.
Why does this not surprise me?
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
427,068
Messages
9,191,312
Members
193,048
Latest member
Quo

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top