Anyone seen Tony Takitani?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Brian SD, May 27, 2006.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Was just watching it last night and I don't know how I managed this but in all the times I've seen it before I never noticed the wardrobe. It looks like it was all done by Martin Margiela or something... nearly everything Ogata Issei wears is brown and grey, including old work-style dress shirts, shawl-collar cardigans, trousers, etc. etc.

It was very cool (and it's a fantastic movie). I suggest watching it for dressing inspiration. The two women featured in it are absolutely gorgeous.

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I own it. And I agree.

Murakami rules

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I own it. And I agree.

Murakami rules

I agree. Nejimakidori kuronikuru is one of the best books I've ever read (always hesitant to say it's *the* best, but it probably is [​IMG]). I didn't read it in Japanese or anything, but I prefer referring to the correct title.

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I agree. Nejimakidori kuronikuru is one of the best books I've ever read (always hesitant to say it's *the* best, but it probably is [​IMG]). I didn't read it in Japanese or anything, but I prefer referring to the correct title.
    And Japs around the world appreciate it. Now if you'd only learn to pronounce "MakkuDunardo's" correctly... I'm LOVIN it.

5. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

Well i'm not one for many modern short story writers, murakami is liked but not adored i guess in my little library. When it comes down to it Saki, Hemingway and (at the most) Updike are tops for me.

6. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Honest to God, I swear, this is the very next movie on my Netflix queue. Coincidence? <3 Murakami.

7. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

i've been meaning to read/see this- maybe i should go look for it in a store now that i'm here.

8. keal

keal Senior member

I have Tony Takitani but forgot to watch it. I sometimes "organize" things, also known as file and forget. I'd better dig it out right now!

I would like to toss up Kamikaze Girls as a fun watch. Some of the characters have outrageous dress codes. "Oh, Baby, The Stars Shine Bright!" [​IMG]

9. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I would like to toss up Kamikaze Girls as a fun watch. Some of the characters have outrageous dress codes. "Oh, Baby, The Stars Shine Bright!" [​IMG]

Yeah, Kamikaze girls is pretty good... but a different kind of movie altogether.