1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Anyone seen more RLPL suits in 40R? polo store help

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Jan 22, 2009.

1. 518aata

518aata Well-Known Member

Foxx: I wasn't trying to correct you. I understood that the PL suits came to about $1200 with the 30% off. My post was more in response to those who have suggested (hoped?) that the 50% sale of last weekend would be repeated starting today.

As for the suits, I didn't look at them very carefully, but the one solid navy I looked at was full price -- about $4500, if I remember correctly. There appeared to be very few sale suits left.

I was looking at the PL cashmere cable knits. They're really something. Originally $995. With the additional 50% off, they would be in the mid $200s, and too hard to resist.

2. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Well-Known Member

Forex-- ok, how much for those? Did you notice what the final, marked down price might be?

thank you.

3. forex

forex Well-Known Member

Forex-- ok, how much for those? Did you notice what the final, marked down price might be?

thank you.

They were full retail,those are very hard to find on sale,they are considered basics and rarely go on sale.I'd buy one of those if they came down to $1200.

4. sartort

sartort Well-Known Member

I just called my local store and they said it was an additional 30% off, not 50%. What are other people getting? Do you think they are doing it store by store and not company wide?

5. vitaminc

vitaminc Well-Known Member

I just called my local store and they said it was an additional 30% off, not 50%. What are other people getting? Do you think they are doing it store by store and not company wide?

Same additional 30% off.

Basic styles like navy, black, etc are not on sale.

6. yerrow

yerrow Well-Known Member

the 50% off was only for the 4 days of the MLK weekend, everything reverted back to the 30% off on the following tuesday morning.

7. SirSuturesALot

SirSuturesALot Well-Known Member

I have a RLPL 100% cashmere navy blazer in 40R by St. Andrews if you are interested.

8. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Well-Known Member

hmmmm.....well, i guess it wouldn't hurt to see some photos of the cashmere jacket you've got for sale, if you don't mind posting some.

I ended up ordering a new navy suit at Saks, price was steep but I'll get the price benefit of the upcoming trunk show (about 20% off), which is at least something.

Isaia suits and sportcoats are REALLY on sale right now on sierratradingpost, if anyone is interested. I'm looking at a suit on there that will end up being about $850, including the coupon emailed to me.