• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone planning to attend Bellucci Napoli event next week (or can provide details on this NYC shop)?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
guys--

Anyone planning to attend the following event in manhattan next week? I can't get bespoke suit prices via email, and calling from my overseas work location has been a pain. Can anyone provide details or reviews on their bespoke suits and approx prices? I'd really like to try bespoke this year, and this place looks like my kind of shop/ style.

I like the look of the cut and shoulders, and their space looks pretty cool, too http://www.urbandaddy.com/slideshow/nyc/1829/Bellucci_Napoli_Slideshow_New_York_City_NYC

rec'd this in my email, have been looking at their website the past weeek:

Bespoke & Wine
at
Bellucci Napoli Sartoria

Ticket price is $ 350.00 per person which includes the following:
One fully custom Bellucci Napoli bespoke shirt for men and women (value $350.00);
One bottle of Barolo (specially chosen by Master Sommelier Stefano Milioni) (value $70.00);
One pair of Limited Edition Handmade Bellucci Napoli Signature Cuff-links (value $108.00).
$350 giftcard towards Suit

We are proud and delighted to be able to extend this invitation to our friends.
For reservations placed before Monday July 23rd ticket special price: $300.00.

For more info, tickets and RSVP please contact us at [email protected] or at +1.212.207.8228.

http://belluccinapoli.com/?utm_sour...&utm_campaign=Grand+Opening+&utm_medium=email

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of all the bespoke choices out there, why this one?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Of all the bespoke choices out there, why this one?

I've enquired about this firm on SF several times.. Most recently, in the past month or so.
Never got a response. I know nothing about them except that they have a permanent
location in New York, which could be a plus. Their website shows, IMHO, very tasteful clothing.

http://belluccinapoli.com/

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Really, Foxx? After spending years on this forum, you finally decide to go for bespoke and you choose this joint?

I've seen a few of their coats on customers, and its an exaggerated take on Neapolitan style. I think (but am unsure) that Nedo is also not a trained tailor, which would explain the fit issues I noticed.

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I'd just avoid the contrast button stitching on their shirts. Seems like they have that on all of them...

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not decided yet, but I'd like to find one that's Italian in flavor, round 3k, and has a cut that appeals to me. What are u guys seeing that you don't like? Shoulders, etc in online pix and a sleeve head blog post seem good from what I can tell?

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the price range of their bespoke suits?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bellucci?

bellucci_l.jpg

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not decided yet, but I'd like to find one that's Italian in flavor, round 3k, and has a cut that appeals to me. What are u guys seeing that you don't like? Shoulders, etc in online pix and a sleeve head blog post seem good from what I can tell?

I don't like the idea of paying that much for a pseudo-Neapolitan suit that doesn't fit as well as many NY alternatives (party because the head fitter is not a trained tailor). I have seen the suits in person, and I would caution you against making such an expensive decision based solely on professional shots for a webpage.

Go to Ercole, save yourself $800 and receive a much better garment in the process.

Last edited:

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why not stick with a tried and true Napoli outfit, like Napoli Su Misura?

Lots of forum members have good experience with them.

mrbrioni

Reaction score

I don't like the idea of paying that much for a pseudo-Neapolitan suit that doesn't fit as well as many NY alternatives (party because the head fitter is not a trained tailor). I have seen the suits in person, and I would caution you against making such an expensive decision based solely on professional shots for a webpage.

Go to Ercole, save yourself $800 and receive a much better garment in the process.

+1

Ercole is amazing, cheaper, and a REAL Italian :D

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looked at some pix of ercole suits, not for me. didn't care for the shoulder or overall cut. I'd like to find something that looks like kiton or attolini........or, will just stick with kiton stuff off the rack/ isaia mtm with softer shoulder. what's the story on napoli su misura? do they do a visiting tailor thing?

hellodocks

Reaction score
Glad to come across this thread, was wondering the same thing .. glad to see the comments provided.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, ok-- after seeing more pix, from NSM, I'm going to commit to one of their suits. hopefully there will be a usa visit (DC or NYC) in the Sep - Jan timeframe. In the meantime, will keep trolling the net and forum for pix of napoli su misura suits in a heavier (300g+) weight. thanks to all for the good advice!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads