• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone own C&J "Weymouth"?

Doc4

Reaction score
I'm lusting after a higher-end English whole-cut brown shoe, and have fixed my gaze upon the C&J "Weymouth" ... http://www.shoes.shoppingsection.co....Category_Code=

Does anyone have experience with this shoe in person? I'm thinking of how it looks in real life (both colour and style/shape) as well as the fit.

Of course, if anyone has a suggestion of an even better shoe that might interest me more, I'd be delighted to entertain alternatives. (The hole-punch detailing on the toe doesn't bother me, but isn't essential either.)

Any idea on the best internet sites to buy from and timing for sales? Thanks guys!

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
www.plal.com would have the best price (though they're highly regarded on the forum, I've never ordered from them). Ben Silver is very overpriced, but AFAIK BS is the only source for the Weymouth in British tan.

blofeld

Reaction score
I have this shoe in antique brown calf and love it - I wear a 12.5-13 US and the UK12E fits me perfectly.
IMG_0059.jpg

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P.Lal for sure. Interesting about the tan; if P.Lal had it, I probably would have taken that over the antique calf. But I will live happily with the calf.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have these shoes without medallion and I am using them very rarely. I am sort of ok with the way they look. These C&J shoes are rarely as elegant or well finished as Italian counterparts. A bit boring and a bit rustic around the edges, wait that sums it up for most things British, does not it?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it doesn't have the medallion, it's not as interesting, IMO. They are one of the top 3 CJs I still want.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it doesn't have the medallion, it's probably the Alex, which is a benchgrade shoe on a different last. But DK just likes to hate on british shoes, so...

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
If it doesn't have the medallion, it's probably the Alex, which is a benchgrade shoe on a different last. But DK just likes to hate on British shoes, so...
I actually think he is on a rant ...

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
www.plal.com would have the best price (though they're highly regarded on the forum, I've never ordered from them). Ben Silver is very overpriced, but AFAIK BS is the only source for the Weymouth in British tan.

Does Plal have sales, or do they just run the same prices all the time?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every day low, low prices.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
If it doesn't have the medallion, it's probably the Alex, which is a benchgrade shoe on a different last. But DK just likes to hate on british shoes, so...

Can you really mistake shoe models if you have them in your hands? May be you can, but I can read Ingrish. It says Weymouth II Handgrade, albeit British handwork which looks like it's made by a lazy child who lost interets half-way through the process.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Can you really mistake shoe models if you have them in your hands? May be you can, but I can read Ingrish.

Well, I wouldn't put anything past someone who can claim that Italians generally have better attention to detail than the English on comparably priced shoes.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Careful. You could put an eye out with those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads