• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone own C&J "Weymouth"?

pajames

Reaction score
I have 2 pair and get a lot of compliments on them. The tan were the first high end shoe I bought.

andyw

Reaction score
I have the Weymouth Antique Brown and the Seymour (double buckle monk) in Chestnut, and both are fundamental parts of my wardrobe. The 337 last is nicely proportioned compared tpo the other C&J lasts and each style look fabulous from several angles. At the PLAL price, the Weymouth is a best buy. An added bonus is the option for reconstruction on the C&J last back at the factory.

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Every day low, low prices.

So now I have no reason to wait for after Christmas ...

... resistance ...

... is ...

... futile ...
eh.gif

jcriswel

Reaction score
When considering the Weymouth, one must take into consideration that it is a wholecut shoe. It is probably the best wholecut one can buy. Nevertheless, wholecuts are a special case. They crease easily and have other maintenance considerations. Additionally, some do not like the aesthetic of a wholecut. It is too clean and simple. One needs some drama to their shoe. Besides the medallion, the Weymouth is just an unpainted canvas.

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcriswel
When considering the Weymouth, one must take into consideration that it is a wholecut shoe. It is probably the best wholecut one can buy. Nevertheless, wholecuts are a special case. They crease easily and have other maintenance considerations. Additionally, some do not like the aesthetic of a wholecut. It is too clean and simple. One needs some drama to their shoe. Besides the medallion, the Weymouth is just an unpainted canvas.

Personally, I love that aesthetic. I'm curious about those maintenance considerations you mention ... ??

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
they were my first SF-approved shoes... bought them from that fine seller, P.Lal, and its been in regular rotation eversince. lovely shoe!

pledge

Reaction score
Can I assume that most of you who own the shoe own it in brown? I've always been put-off by the matte finish to the shoe. Does it develop a patina over time?

kryn13

Reaction score
Own the Weymouth in Antique Brown. I like them a lot and wear them regularly. Get compliments on them as well.

As for patina, yes, polish it well and it glows. It comes a bit neutral when new, but so do most good shoes.

jcriswel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doc4
Personally, I love that aesthetic. I'm curious about those maintenance considerations you mention ... ??

I don't really know what I was referring when I wrote that. I'm sure I was thinking of the propensity to crease across the vamp. Because the upper is so exposed so to speak, they are subject to cuts, scraps, and scratches. No more so than any other style I suppose. Use your own judgement.

I prefer shoes with more external features, brogueing etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads