1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone own C&J "Weymouth"?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Doc4, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Doc4

Doc4 Senior member

When considering the Weymouth, one must take into consideration that it is a wholecut shoe. It is probably the best wholecut one can buy. Nevertheless, wholecuts are a special case. They crease easily and have other maintenance considerations. Additionally, some do not like the aesthetic of a wholecut. It is too clean and simple. One needs some drama to their shoe. Besides the medallion, the Weymouth is just an unpainted canvas.

Personally, I love that aesthetic. I'm curious about those maintenance considerations you mention ... ??

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

they were my first SF-approved shoes... bought them from that fine seller, P.Lal, and its been in regular rotation eversince. lovely shoe!

3. pledge

pledge Senior member

Can I assume that most of you who own the shoe own it in brown? I've always been put-off by the matte finish to the shoe. Does it develop a patina over time?

4. kryn13

kryn13 Senior member

Own the Weymouth in Antique Brown. I like them a lot and wear them regularly. Get compliments on them as well.

As for patina, yes, polish it well and it glows. It comes a bit neutral when new, but so do most good shoes.

5. jcriswel

jcriswel Senior member

Personally, I love that aesthetic. I'm curious about those maintenance considerations you mention ... ??

I don't really know what I was referring when I wrote that. I'm sure I was thinking of the propensity to crease across the vamp. Because the upper is so exposed so to speak, they are subject to cuts, scraps, and scratches. No more so than any other style I suppose. Use your own judgement.

I prefer shoes with more external features, brogueing etc.