• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone notice a bunch of people now wearing Flanel Shirts?

kookydooky

Reaction score
Maybe its just where i live but a bunch of people are wearing these aweful flannel shirts, and the odd thing is that seems to be the style not because they are into grunge music or whatever. Its just funny seeing a bunch of people with wearing the same flanel shirts (same colour) in the same room.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know guys it was so much cooler when the same shirts cost five times as much and could only be purchased at Self Edge I mean now come on.

datasupa

Reaction score
Weird.....I suddenly lost all desire for flannel shirts.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I know guys it was so much cooler when the same shirts cost five times as much and could only be purchased at Self Edge I mean now come on.

I was just about to say that.

Clench Million

Reaction score
I have noticed that sice I've become a lumberjack a lot more of my co-workers wear flannel. Weird.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kookydooky
Its just funny seeing a bunch of people with wearing the same flanel shirts (same colour) in the same room.

Is there a color that's in style now or something? I've always liked certain flannels, if well-cut, but have kept only one or two flannels due to their 'lumberjack/country' connotations.

Black Cherry

Reaction score
I am so ready for a grunge/lumberjack aesthetic to enter the mainstream.

Smells Like Poor

Reaction score
I wouldn't exactly associate flannel with grunge, but I suppose that's because West Virginia is decades behind everybody else. It's pretty much solely workwear here.

seamless74

Reaction score
id still kill for an awesome lumberjack flannel for the winter... i still think theyre cool but im not payin over 20 dollars for it..

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I've noticed a bunch of people wearing raw jeans and vans too.

Must be the sufu effect.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was at a music festival last week, and I'd guess 40% of the males were wearing converse/ denim / flannel or western shirt. I was glad I didn't bring any, I'd have felt embarrassed looking like I was in uniform.
It was in the UK and not a country music thing..

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
according to the other thread about not liking something after mainstream picks it up, we will now have to start wearing something else.

tie-dye shirts anyone?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads