• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

anyone looking for glasses?

nomovement

Reaction score

nomovement

Reaction score
nowhere in us at all-I emailed them. which is too bad b/c I want to see how they'd fit my face. oh well, for a hundred bucks it might not be a big deal.

Alfa

Reaction score
These are awesome and I love the Venice 25. I have a serious glasses fetish and I am dying to order these. Since I am asian and have a pretty non-existent bridge buying glasses without trying is really tough. Maybe this means I have to go back to Venice?
tounge.gif

BlvdDandy, please update with pictures and how long shipping takes when you receive them. Any link to the wallpaper article?

nomovement

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlvdDandy
You said it. I just ordered some: the Venice W2 in tortoise matte.

those look great-you'll have to post pics. I can't decide between the 25 and the w2..

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a couple pairs on the shops credit (work part-time at an independant optical shop): Venice 50 in black (Light), Venice 23 in blue (Classic) and Venice W2 in green (Rubber). Sooo...hopefully they aren't trash. I'll give impressions as soon as I receive them. Anyone have more info. on this boutique: European stockists, magazine articles or anything else of that nature?

nomovement

Reaction score
i just read a blurb about them in this month's wallpaper and checked their site. What optical shop do you work at?

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nomovement
i just read a blurb about them in this month's wallpaper and checked their site. What optical shop do you work at?

It's a shop in Middleburg, Virginia. I'm the head lab tech and fit and style consultant. Due to our clientele roster I can't give you the name. Honestly.
frown.gif

Alfa

Reaction score
I am a bit confused on the size options. The venice 25 has a size listed of 58mm. I am assuming that the number refers to the distance across the lens like in a typical eyeglass measurement where it's listed as (for example) 50-18-140. That makes the distance pretty wide. All of my glasses are around 49-53. My Mikli's are the widest at 55 and those are really wide. Can't wait to see some real world pics of how wide these glasses might be and also how thick the rubber pieces are (they look rather massive).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alfa
I am a bit confused on the size options. The venice 25 has a size listed of 58mm. I am assuming that the number refers to the distance across the lens like in a typical eyeglass measurement where it's listed as (for example) 50-18-140. That makes the distance pretty wide. All of my glasses are around 49-53. My Mikli's are the widest at 55 and those are really wide. Can't wait to see some real world pics of how wide these glasses might be and also how thick the rubber pieces are (they look rather massive).

Sometimes the measurements can be deceptive, because they give no indication of the curvature of the frame. For example, a pair of glasses with a lot of curvature (wrap) will be a lot narrower on the face than a pair that is very flat, but has the same measurements.

dilemma

Reaction score
Has any one received their glasses yet? if so, please post pictures. Thanks.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
yep i'm interested as well. i got lasik, but i miss rocking glasses at times.

BlvdDandy

Reaction score
I just got my glasses today, and they are awesome. A couple things:

(1) They are huge. Really, really big. I have a big head so this isn't a problem for me, but I think with a smaller cranium it could be tough to pull these off.

(2) Speaking of pulling these off, they are a statement. The shap, the size and the finish (I got tortoise) is a all really striking. I like them a lot, but I still haven't decided if I'm ready to make that much of a statement.

(3) I got the matte finish, which is really cool. I didn't get the one from the "rubber" collection, but the finish looks and feels almost ruberized. Very cool.

(4) There are some really nice and subtle design elements that I appreciate. For example, the part of the frame that goes behind your ear is, as you can see in the picture, a long and elegant line. But right at the part where it hits your head, there are little grooves that I imagine increase traction. The hinges are also minimalist and industrial in a way I love.

(5) 75euro is not a lot to pair for ANY pair of glasses, especially ones as nice as these. Even if these aren't my primary pair, it's worth it to me to hold on to them.

I'll try and post pictures but I don't think I'll be able to for at least a day (I'm away from home).

nomovement

Reaction score
you've gotta post pics as soon as you can. Its great that you like your specs-given the size, can you make some sort of relevant sizing translation?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads