Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Anyone know where to get cloth dyes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GQgeek, Jun 21, 2002.

1. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

i got my clothes back from the cleaners and the pink ink stains are still there. I'm gonna take them to a place in montreal and see if they can do sometihing but i really think they're there to stay since i noticed this after ironing the pants and probably setting the stain in the process...

The pants are linen. The best way i can describe them is they're beige with some white threads going through although they're predominantly beige threads. Anyway.. since linen has an imperfect look to it and i have extra fabric to experiment on, i was thinking i could maybe buy a cloth dye and use a very fine paint brush to apply the dye to the pink ink stains (there's one very faint smudge and a couple of small spots). I figure there's no harm in trying if nothing else works. Even a slightly different beige would probably be almost invisible and anythign is better than pink.

I JUST got these pants this year and only now has it become nice enough to wear them so I'm fuming right now since they really weren't cheap either =/

2. Michael

Michael Senior member

I don't iknow if it's what you're looking for, but RIT DYE sold at the grocery store could work.