• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone know where I can find inexpensive seersucker?

new obsession

Reaction score
I have this urge to broaden my summer choices, and I was wondering if anyone knows where to get my hands on some inexpensive seersucker. It would have to be in separates or cut very slim. I was thinking about Lands End's "tailored" cut, or does anyone know where I can find the equivalent of the haspel sale that they had a syms a while back?

A salesman at brooksbrothers once old me I was too young to wear seersucker. Despite the fact that my looks have not gotten much older in the past 10 years, I have decided that I can wear what I damn well please!! Plus, I just think this http://www.southernproper.com/ put me over the top!!

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I think stp occasionally gets a load of haspels.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by new obsession
A salesman at brooksbrothers once told me I was too young to wear seersucker.
He's probably selling tires or copiers now.
wink.gif

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a haspel seersucker at filene's for $100. They had a stack of them....suit separates style, but I just bought the jacket.

mwrenchd

Reaction score
Yes, SierraTradingPost has the Haspell on sale right now for $149. And of course, there's always Brooks Brothers. It's around $340 I believe. J Crew also one in tan or grey for around $300 that is a bit slimmer than BB but cheaper detailing of course.

There also is a Rag&Bone one at Barneys that I really liked for somewhere around $550.

NukeMeSlowly

Reaction score
I got my SS suit last year from Syms. It is 3 button, 3/8ths lined, has side vents and flat front pants. It was just about $100. Check and see if they have the SS in yet.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RL Polo and Chaps separates were all over eBay a while ago, but I haven't checked recently...

Dashing1

Reaction score
Steinmart has a few different varieties. I'm no corporate shill by any means--it just seems that a lot of classically inspired menswear (seersucker, ascots, etc.) can be found there these days.

v0rtex

Reaction score
Dredog on eBay has a bunch of custom-made seersucker suits listed at the moment which are $79/$129 BIN.

No connection to or experience of the seller, but his other items seem to be of high quality (wouldn't be surprised if he posts here...).

new obsession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jaybirdinbrooklyn
Lands' End has a nice-looking one in a Tailored Fit for under $300.

Here's the jacket: http://www.landsend.com/pp/3buttonTa...93337680174070

And the pants: http://www.landsend.com/pp/PlainFron...93337680174070

If I were buying a seersucker suit, this is the one I'd buy. And if it doesn't fit, you can always return it to Sears for a refund.

I was thinking about that, I would rather 2 button than 3, but I may do it anyway. I also bought some of their tailored fit shirts a few days ago. fit is beautiful....let's see what happens after I wash.

new obsession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
I just got a haspel seersucker at filene's for $100. They had a stack of them....suit separates style, but I just bought the jacket.

Anyone know if the filene's in NYC carries them?

new obsession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NukeMeSlowly
I got my SS suit last year from Syms. It is 3 button, 3/8ths lined, has side vents and flat front pants. It was just about $100. Check and see if they have the SS in yet.

I was struggling with the idea last year, wish they would let you mix and match the pants.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Marshalls sometimes gets in quirky Haspel seersucker. I picked up an odd jacket with white brown and blue stripes last year. Sounds weird, but it's gotten positive feedback -- had one random guy stop me in Banana Republic to ask where I got it. Best of all, the Haspel jackets usually go for $50 or less at my Marshalls. Saw some there just this week for $49.99.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads