• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone know what model LP piece this is?

Raceguy3820

Reaction score
Purchased and found it to be something that has never been worn or if it has, been worn without being tailored at all. Missing the sleeve buttons which I have on order. Questions are, what model is this? It has a roadster style storm collar and newer style inner piping in orange. Definitely not a fake, but I am new to the LP world.

Also, if anyone knows a good tailor in the ares between Philladelphia, Baltimore, and DC that can handle functional buttonholes for this thing, let me know. I have a decent guy, but on the search for one that is more my style.

Attachments

• PXL_20201229_232057329.jpg
    PXL_20201229_232057329.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20201230_105911864.jpg
    PXL_20201230_105911864.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 37
  • PXL_20201230_105918459.jpg
    PXL_20201230_105918459.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 39

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Is it normal to have a jacket with arm patches and a ticket pocket? I don't think I've ever seen that combo before as they usually have patch pockets.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purchased and found it to be something that has never been worn or if it has, been worn without being tailored at all. Missing the sleeve buttons which I have on order. Questions are, what model is this? It has a roadster style storm collar and newer style inner piping in orange. Definitely not a fake, but I am new to the LP world.

Also, if anyone knows a good tailor in the ares between Philladelphia, Baltimore, and DC that can handle functional buttonholes for this thing, let me know. I have a decent guy, but on the search for one that is more my style.

it’s not any model of the Roadster. What’s the material? The slanted pockets are a bit unusual for LP tailored jackets (referring to those sold under their own label) but it may have been a seasonal item.
Any chance you could post a pic of the label?

Raceguy3820

Reaction score
Is it normal to have a jacket with arm patches and a ticket pocket? I don't think I've ever seen that combo before as they usually have patch pockets.
This is why I'm asking. I've never seen anything like it in LP...so definitely something strange for sure.

Raceguy3820

Reaction score
it’s not any model of the Roadster. What’s the material? The slanted pockets are a bit unusual for LP tailored jackets (referring to those sold under their own label) but it may have been a seasonal item.
Any chance you could post a pic of the label?
Pictures of the labels inside are both in the post now. It's not something off brand that was created. Just very weird to see this.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s not off brand. It’s seasonal. The roadster jacket is a pretty consistent offering and with very slight exceptions, stylistically the same. The Marie tale may change however.

This is a cotton blazer. It’s nice. I’ve just not seen slanted pockets like that. It may be from several years ago.

Raceguy3820

Reaction score
It’s not off brand. It’s seasonal. The roadster jacket is a pretty consistent offering and with very slight exceptions, stylistically the same. The Marie tale may change however.

This is a cotton blazer. It’s nice. I’ve just not seen slanted pockets like that. It may be from several years ago.
Definitely why I picked it up. I was looking for a casual sporting / shooting jacket when I came across this. I knew it was authentic, but had never seen LP make anything like it. Again, mentioned the roadster only due to the storm collar that is included in the lapel. Fabric is very thick and honestly doesn't feel like cotton. I know that LP has a tendency to feel different in the fabric area because of just how specialized their fabric is. Hopefully someone can supply a background for me. Curious.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely why I picked it up. I was looking for a casual sporting / shooting jacket when I came across this. I knew it was authentic, but had never seen LP make anything like it. Again, mentioned the roadster only due to the storm collar that is included in the lapel. Fabric is very thick and honestly doesn't feel like cotton. I know that LP has a tendency to feel different in the fabric area because of just how specialized their fabric is. Hopefully someone can supply a background for me. Curious.

nothing to be curious about. It’s an LP sport coat. It’s a nice looking jacket and if it fits, you got a good deal.
The Roadster is designed more as outerwear though it certainly has some elements that could allow not to double as a sport coat.
The slanted pockets are certainly out of the ordinary for LP as this is more of an English feature and LP’s tailored jackets favor a Neapolitan aesthetic. I know LP used to offer made to measure so I wonder if this was such a piece.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads