Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Anyone know these Ferragamo Wingtips?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Horenste, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Horenste

Horenste Well-Known Member

2. Roger Everett

Roger Everett Senior member

I can't give any info you are loking for, but I did hit the link, and if they fit good, you got a rightous deal.

3. epa

epa Senior member

They seem to be "studio" shoes which are normally said to be crap on this forum. Apparently studio is far below Tramezza. While Tramezzas cost about EUR 700, studios go for about half that price, on retail. Nowadays. But yes, these may be shoes from some years ago.
    (I have had a couple of pairs of studios and was happy with them, but I do not know a lot about constructions. But the leather was nice.)

4. onix

onix Senior member

I just recently purchased these on Ebay and I was wondering if anyone knew the style name? or price? or relevant info? I believe they are an older style but i havent found much info on them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...TQ%3AUS%3A1123

You, my friend, have paid far too much. Studio is the lowest line of Ferragamo in material and construction. Market value is very low.

5. mishon

mishon Senior member

Studio line is, indeed, the lowest rated line by Ferragamo, trailing the Tramezza and Lavorazione by a long margin. It was created to appeal to the younger, hipper crowd at a lower retail price. As stated, the quality of leather and styling is not on par with mainline Ferragamo shoes, but that's not to say that it is complete garbage. The shoes in question are not unattractive but look to be made of very thin (hopefully not corrected-grain) leather. For $159, it is not a terrible deal, especially if they fit you well.

6. FStyles

FStyles Senior member

You, my friend, have paid far too much. Studio is the lowest line of Ferragamo in material and construction. Market value is very low.

Disagree.

No, they're not handcrafted northamptoners, but if you like them and they fit, $150 is a small price to pay for new shoes. Wear the shit out of them and when you get bored, do some SF research on a nicer pair in the future.

Nothing wrong with them as a starter shoe.

7. onix

onix Senior member

Disagree.

No, they're not handcrafted northamptoners, but if you like them and they fit, $150 is a small price to pay for new shoes. Wear the shit out of them and when you get bored, do some SF research on a nicer pair in the future.

Nothing wrong with them as a starter shoe.

For $50 more he can get a pair of BB Peal & Co on sale. [​IMG]

8. Horenste

They seem to be "studio" shoes which are normally said to be crap on this forum. Apparently studio is far below Tramezza. While Tramezzas cost about EUR 700, studios go for about half that price, on retail. Nowadays. But yes, these may be shoes from some years ago.
    (I have had a couple of pairs of studios and was happy with them, but I do not know a lot about constructions. But the leather was nice.)

Thanks for the replies! Yea it does look like they are studio shoes, but for 150 i can wear the hell out of em. Doesn't sound like they will hold up to my AE's but at half the price I am willing to give them a shot.

If anybody else recognizes them or has any other info let me know!

9. jhva3

jhva3 Senior member

Model name: Shine
    Price: $400

10. Horenste

Model name: Shine
    Price: $400

Awesome! Thank you very much. Yea i feel like i did ok. Same shoe is selling for 280 from other sellers on Ebay.

11. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

Awesome! Thank you very much. Yea i feel like i did ok. Same shoe is selling for 280 from other sellers on Ebay.

Selling for or for sale?

12. Horenste

Selling for or for sale?

Good Call. On Sale. But bids already in the 200's

13. jhva3

jhva3 Senior member

You got a pretty good price. People on here hate the studios, but I have a few and don't mind buying them if they look good and are more than 50% off. I'd never pay retail for them though.

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I think you paid a fair price. We may be lost in the land of $500 Vash being cheap, but a Ferragamo sells $400 Studio line shoes all day by the thousand. They are better than at least 50% of the shoes of the working professional today, I can pretty much say that for a fact.

15. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Those studios would be about $600 in Sydney, and touted as the epitome of both quality and style.

Objectively, they are worth maybe a bit more than what you paid IMHO.