Anyone know of good Double Monks Monkstrap Styles/Brands?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by allaboutshoes, Feb 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

My grail dubble munx: Lobb Chapel

[​IMG]

Never liked doubles UNTIL now!

2. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

I wasn't criticizing your thread. It's just really weird how many different threads pertaining to double monks have shown up in the last week. I probably wouldn't have noticed except for the fact that I love double monks too and so threads about them always catch my attention.

SO then let there be more then one thread. It aint hurting anybody and maybe someone will see this one if they didnt see another or other people posted things here that are of value.

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

SO then let there be more then one thread. It aint hurting anybody and maybe someone will see this one if they didnt see another or other people posted things here that are of value.
    Christ Almighty dude, I wasn't suggesting that there can't be more than one thread or that anyone was being hurt. Once again for the reading comprehension impaired, I was merely pointing out what a statistical anomaly we have observed here over the past week. There was no implied criticism of you for being part of that statistical anomaly. When a person extends an olive branch to you, don't snap it in half.

4. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

C&J Lowndes is your shoe. It's been a while since I checked the prices, but shoemakers such as Loake have raised their prices quite significantly @25gbp. Glad I bought my blackfriars last year.

5. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

In your original post you asked for a plain toe shoe. A captoe without a medallion is a type of plain toe shoe. What exactly are you asking for? A whole cut? Very confusing. I suggest you narrow your parameters.

The terminology seems a bit ambiguous in this area. For example, personally I think of a 'wholecut' as a shoe made from only a single piece of leather, which means that no monkstrap is a wholecut, regardless of how plain the toe is. Also, plain-toe does more often mean no cap, as in a PTB, plain-toe blucher, which does not have a cap (or it would be a cap-toe blucher); I'm not sure if there is any separate word to refer to whether there is a medallion or not.

6. SnarlPatrick

SnarlPatrick Senior member

Mine need a polish and an edge dressing, but I like em.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

8. JohnShaft

JohnShaft Senior member

Excuse me but I need those shoes, that grain, that colour, everything, in a 9E for a friend. For what am I looking?

9. ktrp

ktrp Senior member

The terminology seems a bit ambiguous in this area. For example, personally I think of a 'wholecut' as a shoe made from only a single piece of leather, which means that no monkstrap is a wholecut, regardless of how plain the toe is. Also, plain-toe does more often mean no cap, as in a PTB, plain-toe blucher, which does not have a cap (or it would be a cap-toe blucher); I'm not sure if there is any separate word to refer to whether there is a medallion or not.

Wholecut is clear I think, and I think it should also be clear that a cap toe is not a plain toe.

However I quoted this point because I have been wandering around wondering (in connection with a recent shoe purchase) whether plain toe with medallion is an oxymoron, or a good description of a shoe?

10. tim_horton

tim_horton Senior member

11. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

These are especially lustful in tobacco suede.

Lobb Chapel

[​IMG]

12. GregoryM

GregoryM Member

Santoni has their Jadwin style which is rather nice. I believe Bloomingdales has a To Boot New York double monk with perforated cap top already reduced with some extra 50% when you pre-select it yadda yadda. Gilt.com also features Antonio Mazuris (?) that have some attractive double monks with round or more almond toes and come in black, chestnut and an almost orange-chestnut