1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

anyone know of any restaurants that are absolute musts in Argentina?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by GQgeek, Dec 12, 2011.

1. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I'm doing Buenos aires, patagonia (el calafate), igazu falls, and maybe mendoza if i can fit it into the budget/schedule and not have things be too packed. Might take a day trip into Montevideo (uruguay) as well.

Haven't picked hotels yet. I have a short list of boutique hotels in BA and el calafate (debating eolo vs estancia cristina). Curious if anyone has specific recs.

2. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

steakhouses:
    1) estancia
    2) cabrera

[​IMG]

(yes, thats a soda, because i had had more than my share of mendoza wine the previous night)

3. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

cabrera is a good recomendation.

los lilas is a must.

fredos for gelato, althogh there is a better place, and I cna't remember then name right now, I'll see if I can find it.

4. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I read or heard somewhere that thanks to export controls Argentina is moving away from grass fed beef to grain as ranchers try to recoup some profit by being forced to limit overseas sales. Thus leading to a loss of the classic superious Argentine beef taste. Never been so wouldn't know

5. lexybeast

lexybeast Well-Known Member

It's true, Argentinian beef is increasingly mass produced from US style feedlots nowadays. Uruguay is now supposedly the spot for grass fed beef.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Get some horsemeat

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

that beef would feed an Asian dinner party of 8 =\