• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Anyone juiced about 24 coming back?

dinted voice

Reaction score
I was pumped until I saw Tony was coming back as a bad guy. Seemed out of left field. Either way, I will be watching.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope. This show is tired and needs to be retired. I was an avid fan having bought the first 4 seasons on DVD (the first 3 to catch up on), but it is too ridiculous, and I no longer like the fact there is zero closure on anything at the end of each episode.

The UNIT is a MUCH better show.

mcpaul

Reaction score
November 23 is not the season opener, it is a two hour tv movie that bridges the gap between 6 and 7.

Day 7 begins January 11, 2009.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't wait! I've always wondered: Jack Bauer and a semiautomatic pistol vs. an Imperial Star Destroyer. Who would win?

--Andre

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last season was garbage but I'll be watching this season because it seems the writers are really getting their shit together (characters back from the dead notwithstanding).

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait. But the last season was the weakest. I thought Tony was dead, does he come back as another character? UNIT sucks.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
The UNIT is a MUCH better show.
I wouldn't say better but it's definitely been great to have around. Not to sidetrack from this thread but am I the only one who noticed how the first episode of this season COMPLETELY IGNORED what happened in the last episode before the strike??? My biggest complaint with the show is how things go "Desperate Housewives" just to appeal to the female demographic.

Anyhow... I'm curious what the reasoning behind this 24 "preview" is. The talk was that before the strike (and Kiefer's incarceration) they had filmed about two or three episodes worth. I wonder if that was completely scrapped or will be used in this new series.

Still, I'm a diehard fan so until Jack discovers he has superhuman abilities like flight or telekenesis I'm still going to watch. Well, maybe even then...

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think after seven years he should be allowed on bowel movement.

Him in the stall grunting one out and the president calls....

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Can't wait. But the last season was the weakest. I thought Tony was dead, does he come back as another character? UNIT sucks.

You're trippin' on both counts.

wiru

Reaction score
hoping this season is not as bad as last, but i don't have much hope.

the unit is quality, especially when david mamet is writing. unfortunately also going off the deep end a bit this year

Patrician

Reaction score
24 is back, you say. Geez, why wont that damn show die! Just let it die, dont feed it, dont pet it, just let it...DIE!

Sure, I was a huge fan of the first two (2!) seasons but wtf, this save-the-world-in-24-hours thing is fucking boring. They should have made a movie about it and renamed 2400, because it is the 100th season now right? Sure feels like it.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 45 15.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 91 31.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 54 18.6%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 22 7.6%