• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone issues with Blue Bee?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
So I got my B.son waxed peacoat. It is fairly nice and for the price (80% off) i cannot complain, and i heard alot about the middling quality of b.son anyways, so i did not take it into hard feelings when i noticed some threadings loosened around some areas.

However, upon further inspection, around the shoulder and the on another area, the cotton seems to be a little hairy, you know, like it had been washed previously. I also noticed that the waxedness is a bit vague, not very noticeable.
I would think the waxedness would make the cotton a little stiffer and the hairyness would not be there due to the plaster of the wax.

So, perhaps, the blue bee gave me a worn and returned merchandise?

If so, I wouldnt have cared if at least i was told the truth and I would have decided to purchase or not upon that.

Also, my other 3 items, all say in the email, that they have been processed, and that being 'processed' means according to them, that they will be shipped out next business day.
This was last weekend. So a whole week goes by and i see the order update as still being processed.

Also, can anyone contact them???

Ive been trying to contact them about my vervatos suit purchase, wanting to know some more information about the suit as the description they put up is so vague. not even let me know what the suit is made of. And now i m confused if it even includes the whole suit , not just the jacket.
So ive been trying to contact them this whole week, up until thursday when the sale ends.
I just went ahead and risked it ordering the suit, but no word from them, i wanted to not miss out on the sale, but
would have liked it if they would at least contacted me and answered some questions i had before the sale ends. Knowing there is no return for these sale merchandise.
I think that is bad service.
Saying you cannot return any sale item, and never give you enough detail about something you want to purchase.
I mean yes, it is 80% off, but it is still over 300 dollars, and that by no means is small money.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
good luck brian..

fwiw, my one and only bluebee purchase was a white Fred perry buttondown that arrived and one of the sleeves had a pretty visible stain on it. I called, got a hold of a real person, and basically they said wash it and if it doesnt come out they'd take it back. stain did come out completely

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
good luck brian..

fwiw, my one and only bluebee purchase was a white Fred perry buttondown that arrived and one of the sleeves had a pretty visible stain on it. I called, got a hold of a real person, and basically they said wash it and if it doesnt come out they'd take it back. stain did come out completely

thanks Jason. that sucks though , even though the stain did come out, they send you a merchandise that somebody stained it, hmm.

Intelligence3

Reaction score
I ordered a shirt from there a couple days ago. I'll report the experience.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But you read this this forum as often as any... You had to have been well aware of the customer service issues from the multiple complaints in the last go round of the 80% sale. People were complaining about shipping issues and horrible lack of contact. Sounds like the deals sounded too good and you somewhat naively assumed it wouldn't happen to you.

Buying from them at these steep discounts and great deals also comes with the gamble of service. If you didn't want to take this risk, you should have paid more (less deals) to deal with higher service retailers.

You really brought this upon yourself man. I'm not sure the SF community can do much further from here, the best we could do is warn you.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pics? If it had been washed recently why would just spots on the shoulders be different instead of the whole thing? How do you know this isn't a BSon factory error? They're made overseas and designer stuff can come from factories flawed. Errors are an unfortunate part of production, but inevitably do happen. As for the softness, you bought a cotton fleece material peacoat and you expect it to be stiff? The "wax" is just an effect named to the jacket, and doesn't necessarily mean actual wax like Barbour style gear. The effect is propably some synthetic silicone substance sprayed onto the finish of the jacket to give it a subtle shiny appearance. Flash photography in pictures enhance this effect, but IRL the effect that is really subtle, and doesn't really change the texture of the jacket... This is how my marketed "waxed" cotton peacoat (completely diff brand) feels. It's probably hairy from being handled in the store for over a year. In that time being tried on by people, and handled by staff moving around in the store, before finally selling to you cheap. My hoodies have done this after not too long owning them (w/o washing). Sorry if this is a harsh tone, but I think you're jumping to conclusions quickly on not think in-depthly about all the possibilities.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
ok i understand all of the comments on here...

anyways, i did contact Finally someone at bluebee today, and they did confirm the john vervatos was not a suit
but just the jacket. ok now the 300 dollars for the john varvatos doesnt sound too good of a deal anymore.

so they allowed me to cancel that order and refund.

that is cool.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I apoloize for the tone of my posts, sometimes life outside the internetz can creep its way in here. I hope things work out for the best. This'll be my last post in the thread.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
no problem and you dont have to apologize, you can post anytime in any of my threads.
just we are just talking that is all.

like in communications class, 7% is words, the rest is body language and tone. so in text, the rest gets lost, so all we have left are smileys.
smile.gif

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've actually been really happy with my last go round with Blue Bee. Last time it was a major pain, but this time I received 5 of the 6 items I ordered (all, including three pairs of shoes, were in new condition). Free shipping, heavy discounts - they're worth a shot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads