Anyone in the Boston Area Want to Open a Restaurant With Me?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by jays978, Sep 14, 2010.

1. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

No way bruh. I am the second most Michelin starred American chef. I post on this forum and meet people from this forum using a pseudonym.

I wish I knew who you were so I could taste the gourmet delicacies that you most creatively and lovingly design for your clients oral pleasure and mental stimulation.

But seriously OP, restaurants are a TOUGH gig. If you do find a partner, be sure that person is OBJECTIVE as he will be the voice of reason to counter your overly optimistic and attached ideas (founder/owners are always too attached to their "baby" and have a hard time seeing faults and problems).

Good luck.

If this is a troll post then well done, better than average.

2. jays978

jays978 Senior member

I wish I knew who you were so I could taste the gourmet delicacies that you most creatively and lovingly design for your clients oral pleasure and mental stimulation.

But seriously OP, restaurants are a TOUGH gig. If you do find a partner, be sure that person is OBJECTIVE as he will be the voice of reason to counter your overly optimistic and attached ideas (founder/owners are always too attached to their "baby" and have a hard time seeing faults and problems).

Good luck.

If this is a troll post then well done, better than average.

Great advice! And exactly the reason why I am seeking a partner! I know I can do it. My family are all cooks, but obviously I need someone to bring me back down to earth when my visions of granjure are convoluted!

I'm not shooting for Michelin stars or anything - of course that's a whole lot of work (and capital).

I want to open a quick service restaurant. I have a great concept and great food. =D

3. whiteslashasian

Great advice! And exactly the reason why I am seeking a partner! I know I can do it. My family are all cooks, but obviously I need someone to bring me back down to earth when my visions of granjure are convoluted!

I'm not shooting for Michelin stars or anything - of course that's a whole lot of work (and capital).

I want to open a quick service restaurant. I have a great concept and great food. =D

Like a Five Guys?

4. jays978

jays978 Senior member

Like a Five Guys?

Something along those lines but reinvented

5. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Something along those lines but reinvented

Six Guys?

[​IMG]

- B

6. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Fuck QSR.

7. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

OP,

You are man of vision. I am prepare to invest dozens of dollar. PM address where to send cashier check.

8. whiteslashasian

Fuck QSR.

QSR provided the basis for we I have based the foundation of my work experience upon.

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

QSR provided the basis for we I have based the foundation of my work experience upon.
    Yeah. It is awesome for teenagers who need a job. That is about it. QSR represented my first 6 years in the culinary field. Trust me jays. Hire me as a chef consultant. That way, you can have my expertise, but I won't put my name on the menu or the concept. You can probably get me for.... I dunno, $500-700 an hour for opening menu/concept consultation without using my name. You can use my name if you want but then I'd need $1k per hour consulting fees. Let's take this serious matter to PM.

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Six Guys? [​IMG] - B
    I bet if it was six girls you'd consider it.

11. jays978

jays978 Senior member

Yeah. It is awesome for teenagers who need a job. That is about it. QSR represented my first 6 years in the culinary field.

Trust me jays. Hire me as a chef consultant. That way, you can have my expertise, but I won't put my name on the menu or the concept. You can probably get me for.... I dunno, $500-700 an hour for opening menu/concept consultation without using my name. You can use my name if you want but then I'd need $1k per hour consulting fees. Let's take this serious matter to PM.

Thanks for the generous offer but I consider myself pretty able and creative culinarily. I grew up always asking myself why people find cooking so hard.

12. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

Two words:

Onion Rings

or

Allen Edmonds

13. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

I'm in, but only if our new restaurant is named Brasserie Granjure [Sic] or Granjure [Sic] Yakitoriya.

14. jays978

jays978 Senior member

Two words:

Onion Rings

or

Allen Edmonds

Ha! Why not both?!

When (that's right, WHEN!) I open my restaurant, you guys will come right?!
    It'll be the one with the line wrapped around the block! =)

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

It'll be the one with the line wrapped around the block! =)
    Sounds like your QSR won't be QS enough. I could help w/ that. Give you the SF discount of $350/hr.