• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone here view their wardrobe in the same way as the fairer sex?

fonsh

Reaction score
NEW YORK, Feb 5 (Reuters Life!) - For most women, the choice between sex and a new wardrobe is simple -- they go for the clothes.

Women on average say they would be willing to give up sex for 15 months for a closet full of new apparel, with 2 percent ready to abstain from sex for three years in exchange for new duds, according to a new survey of about 1,000 women in 10 U.S. cities.
Sixty-one percent of women polled said it would be worse to lose their favorite article of clothing than give up sex for a month.
"Some people say clothes make the man, but the right clothes can even replace him," fashion designer, stylist and TV personality Carson Kressley from the reality TV show "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" said in a statement accompanying the poll.
The study also suggested that clothes often wear better than relationships.
The average woman between 18 and 54 years of age has hung on to her favorite article of clothing for 12 and a half years, a year longer than she's held on to her longest relationship.
Almost three-quarters of respondents, or 70 percent, also said they believed in love at first sight when it came to finding the perfect article of clothing, while only 54 percent of women were as confident in spotting the right man.
Nearly half of the women, or 48 percent, taking part in the survey by consumer products giant Unilever said their favorite article of clothing was more reliable than their man in giving them confidence and making them feel sexy.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes i would rather take clothing or keep my wardrobe or say get items every year from my favorite designers instead of a girl or sex
however, theres always that one girl..but thats one in a million
id take the clothes the other 999,999 times

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Women on average say they would be willing to give up sex for 15 months for a closet full of new apparel, with 2 percent ready to abstain from sex for three years in exchange for new duds, according to a new survey of about 1,000 women in 10 U.S. cities.
Sixty-one percent of women polled said it would be worse to lose their favorite article of clothing than give up sex for a month."

That's about 100 women per city. I don't think too many women in my area were in that study. I hope you guys don't date any of the women that were surveyed.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Women are overrated anyway. Fast cars are so much more fun. On top of that, you don't need to take any bullshit from them

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If someone told me that clothes are better than fair sex, then I'd think he was a little self-centered but not certifiable.

If he said they're better than great sex, I would doubt his judgment on just about everything.

I'd still want to know who his tailor is, though.
smile.gif

Leslierc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Women are overrated anyway. Fast cars are so much more fun. On top of that, you don't need to take any bullshit from them

Touche!

I LOVE this forum!!

However, there is indeed something wonderful to be said about finding (and marrying) the right woman. Everything else is secondary, and even pales in comparison, to a good mate.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've had a couple of 15 month dry spells before. I'd take the clothes, as long as I could choose whatever I wanted and price was no object, **** yeah I'd take the clothes.

lockey2k

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
I love clothes but let's not get crazy.

+1 I do believe we may be approaching the means defeating the ends territory here.
smile.gif

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lockey2k
+1 I do believe we may be approaching the means defeating the ends territory here.
smile.gif

+2......I thought the whole point of the clothes was to ATTRACT the fairer sex.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
I do indeed view my wardrobe the same way I view the fairer sex. I want a nice variety of casual and formal, vintage and contemporary, and tight and loose
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads