• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Anyone here have the AMEX Delta or SPG?

jakeyt

Reaction score
Just wondering how you are liking AMEX Delta or SPG and if its good at all.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
bump

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
thoughts on any of these -- not really sure which i should go for yet...i like the idea of theft protection would have been useful last week :lol:
extended warranties sound good too. i checked the other AMEX thread but not much in terms of specifics except the SPG seemed well-received but i dont stay at hotels much.

http://www304.americanexpress.com/getthecard/compare-cards?p=ctray&pmccodes=795,113,145,144&eep=25330

Blue Cash EverydaySMCard from American Express

Gold Delta SkyMiles
Credit Card

Green Card - American Express

Gold Card - American Express

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you travel much? You said you don't stay at hotels much but one or two vacations per year could make it worthwhile. Have you considered the different charge card products?

Last edited:

Rambo

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have the SPG and its worthless if you don't stay at hotels. All AMEX's give an extra year of warranty protection so that's no biggie. Find one that fits the rewards you need and the places you visit.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Extended warranty is great - I used it on my wife's laptop and they refunded the entire purchase price. I use return protection quite a bit (e.g. buy something final sale from yoox and it doesn't fit) and purchase protection (I have an infant at home, so things get broken/stained/etc). Plat FHR+Global Entry+$200 airline credit is great if you will use it.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Switched from Amex Gold to United Mileageplus cause I use UNited or its partner airlines a lot.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 111 33.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 100 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.8%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%