• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone here have an iPad? ...

cmeisenzahl

Reaction score
The wife gave me a tentative go-ahead to get one. I'll likely wait for the first price cut or get one as a refurb when available.

How do you like it? Any glaring shortcomings for you? A coworker has one and raves about it. The kids have iPod Touches so I'm familiar with the OS and UI. I've tinkered with them in the store and came away impressed with how fast they are.

My use would be web browsing, email, a little shopping, Netflix movies. No heavy document creation.

Thanks!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cmeisenzahl
The wife gave me a tentative go-ahead to get one. I'll likely wait for the first price cut or get one as a refurb when available.

How do you like it? Any glaring shortcomings for you? A coworker has one and raves about it. The kids have iPod Touches so I'm familiar with the OS and UI. I've tinkered with them in the store and came away impressed with how fast they are.

My use would be web browsing, email, a little shopping, Netflix movies. No heavy document creation.

Thanks!

I like mine a lot. Not good for creating documents but fine for the things you want to do. It's fast and great for travel.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is this device you speak of?

- Sent from my iPad.

Caesar Augustus

Reaction score
I don't have an Ipad, but I do have an Idon't care. Just joking. I thought about it, but I would rather have an Iphone or Ipod Touch.

BP348

Reaction score
For what you want to use it for it's great.

As an entertainment device it's great. If you want to do any "real" work on it, create or edit documents, PowerPoint, ect. It's seriously lacking. If you want to do work on it get a laptop or net book. If you want to sit on the couch, watch football, and surf the web it's great.

Sent from my iPad while sitting on the couch, watching football and surfing SF.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro, and iPhone 4 - I use the iPhone for everything I do away from home, and when I am here I use the MBP. I thought there was no reason to get the iPad as I did not need a middle man.

Boy, was I wrong. Theres no better way to waste $500. That sketch app where you paint picassos and **** with your finger? Worth every penny.

Seriously, get it. Its friggin awesome.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Best device I own. Seriously.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard

Seriously seriously? I haven't actually put any time in to looking at tablets because I figured they were just a gimmick.

KPO89

Reaction score
Wait for Blackberry's. They are coming out with one and I have a feeling that it is gonna be much more efficient than Apple's.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard

lol8[1].gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have never thought of buying one, but I love mine.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KPO89
Wait for Blackberry's. They are coming out with one and I have a feeling that it is gonna be much more efficient than Apple's.

You must work for them.

Its probably going to suck like everything that they've done the last two year.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I ever need to look up something quick I just use my phone. Otherwise I'd rather go to my room and use my desktop than paying for and using an iPad. If I were gifted one I'd probably just sell it tbh. Not for me.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, I don't give steve jobs my money everything he unveils another version ****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads