• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone here have an iPad? ...

Monaco

Reaction score
I also like it for entertainment reasons, trying to get any real work done on the ipad is insanely difficult. It took me 2 hours to do what it usually takes me 30 minutes to do on the internet.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't know how I could travel without my iPad before. Entertainment, communications, reading/editing documents (not tracking changes)... all in HD and in a perfectly sized device with great battery life?

deaddog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I honestly don't know how I could travel without my iPad before. Entertainment, communications, reading/editing documents (not tracking changes)... all in HD and in a perfectly sized device with great battery life?

Yeah, to clarify my earlier post, if I could have the ability to see tracked changes on the iPad my view would be completely different. I would use it as a laptop replacement on short trips. Love the instant-on and the long battery. And, for those of you in highly secure environments (blackberry only) the Good software works on Enterprise server and gives you almost-BB like email on the iPad

But, in my work, I absolutely must have tracked changes so I have to take my laptop along. So, no iPad for me (yet)

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look at the iPhone 4. Then compare it to the iPad. The latter is missing: an extra 256mb of ram, a 5mpx rear camera, a 1mpx front-facing camera, and the 360dpi retina display. If it didn't have its big screen, there would actually be no point to buying it. The version that comes out in April 2011 is going to be ridiculously improved over the original. I would never buy first-generation Apple technology, but especially not when you can expect everything Apple put into the newest iPhone and more to be included in 6 months' time. That being said, the iPad has the highest customer satisfaction rating of any consumer product ever created.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Look at the iPhone 4. Then compare it to the iPad. The latter is missing: an extra 256mb of ram, a 5mpx rear camera, a 1mpx front-facing camera, and the 360dpi retina display. If it didn't have its big screen, there would actually be no point to buying it. The version that comes out in April 2011 is going to be ridiculously improved over the original. I would never buy first-generation Apple technology, but especially not when you can expect everything Apple put into the newest iPhone and more to be included in 6 months' time.

That being said, the iPad has the highest customer satisfaction rating of any consumer product ever created.

HHHHHHARRRRRRUMPH!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one I use to present photography collections to companies. It is ideal for that. I no longer have to carry heavy portfolios.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+100. Mine is perfect for travel, so much so that I no longer carry my laptop along. It's also great for use in meetings. I love mine.

deaddog

Reaction score
Well, let me know if anybody wants a 5 day old, 32Gig 3G with Pages, a couple games and a single Curb Your Enthusiasm episode loaded up. Save me the trip back to the Apple Store.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deaddog
Well, let me know if anybody wants a 5 day old, 32Gig 3G with Pages, a couple games and a single Curb Your Enthusiasm episode loaded up. Save me the trip back to the Apple Store.

But the iPad has the highest satisfaction rate EVAR!!!! Be a good brainwashed sheep and keep it, be happy about it too.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
But the iPad has the highest satisfaction rate EVAR!!!! Be a good brainwashed sheep and keep it, be happy about it too.

It's impossible to be happy with an Apple product because of the backlash from others. We unfortunately have to be a self-loathing bunch.

How does owning and using an iPad make one brainwashed? I didn't buy it because Steve Jobs told me it was magical. I bought it because it fills a useful niche for me.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
It's impossible to be happy with an Apple product because of the backlash from others. We unfortunately have to be a self-loathing bunch.

How does owning and using an iPad make one brainwashed? I didn't buy it because Steve Jobs told me it was magical. I bought it because it fills a useful niche for me.

There's the operative word. Most people don't really need an iPad imo. Some, even many, buy it because it's the COOL and NEW and AWESOME thing and then once they have it for a few days or weeks they realize it doesn't fill in this magical niche and they realize they spent quite a large chunk of change on something they don't use all that much. I know quite a few people who fall in this category.

If you really do use it a lot for work or pleasure then I'm glad you found a device that fits your needs!

Some of that previous post I made was a joke anyways.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I truly believe we would have turned insane on our 8 hour flight back from France this summer if we didn't have the iPad to keep the boys entertained with kid shows and silly apps.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I truly believe we would have turned insane on our 8 hour flight back from France this summer if we didn't have the iPad to keep the boys entertained with kid shows and silly apps.

My GF and I used our HTC Incredibles to keep a bunch of 4-9 year old nieces/nephews quiet (relatively) during car rides in Myrtle Beach. Smart devices sure are handy for that
laugh.gif

They REALLY liked the google sky app.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads