Anyone here have an iPad? ...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cmeisenzahl, Sep 26, 2010.

1. milosz

milosz Senior member

Mine's been on semi-permanent loan to a friend. She carries it with her everywhere - but she just got an Android and I think she's figuring out why I prefer to just use my phone for everything I'd do on the iPad.

I'll probably ask for it back next week and sell it.

2. KPO89

KPO89 Senior member

You must work for them.

Its probably going to suck like everything that they've done the last two year.

Actually I don't. I own two macs and an ipod touch so I definitely tend to have an affinity toward Apple. However I went with the Android phone because it allows me to be more productive than playing "Angry Birds". I kinda figured the same thing would go for tablet PCs. I just figured Blackberry would create an interface that allows document manipulation much better. I'm sure an Android tablet is in the mix somewhere at Google so maybe I spoke too soon.

My understanding of the iPad is that is it an iTouch on steroids. Ipod touch is entertainment. I want a tablet PC that does something.

3. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

I have the 4 major devices near the iPad's segment and find a use for all of them: iPad, MacBook Air, iPhone 4, and a Kindle 3 WiFi. You need to define what you want to do with the iPad though.

I work in all sorts of somewhat odd situations from replying to e-mails at a lounge on my phone to reading by a pool on my Kindle. The iPad is the most interesting of all those platforms. It can in theory do everything the other three can except phone calls, but not perfectly. However, at home, I reach for it more than anything else simply because it's great to have a single device that can handle most of the things I do at home with competence (from e-mail to web surfing to Netflix to finishing up a Kindle book). I have the base model and it works well enough for what I use it for mainly because I never take it out of the house and never use it to store music/video on it.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

it allows me to be more productive than playing "Angry Birds".

Is that game really that addictive?

I have the base model and it works well enough for what I use it for mainly because I never take it out of the house and never use it to store music/video on it.

+1

5. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

True story: I spent about 15 minutes playing it while at a strip club on Sat.

6. KPO89

KPO89 Senior member

Meeehhhh...can be. My fingers are to big for the screen though. [​IMG] oh the wonders of angry birds on a ipad.

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

There is two things that I like about the iPad that my iPhone does not have: iWork and screen size. Now, screen size is the price I pay for having the portability of the iPhone. However, I would love to have iWorks on my iPhone.

8. jelena

jelena New Member

If I ever need to look up something quick I just use my phone. Otherwise I'd rather go to my room and use my desktop than paying for and using an iPad. If I were gifted one I'd probably just sell it tbh. Not for me.

link submitting

9. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

If I ever need to look up something quick I just use my phone. Otherwise I'd rather go to my room and use my desktop than paying for and using an iPad. If I were gifted one I'd probably just sell it tbh. Not for me.

link submitting

wut?

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

wut?

Is the [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

12. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Is the [​IMG] [​IMG]

I know, but the spambot stole my post from earlier in the thread...weird.

13. Lane

Lane Senior member

Love mine!!!!!!!!!!

high five!

14. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

Got one last week and am likely returning it this week. Its a pretty cool device but I need to be able to view MS Word documents that include tracked changes. No software (Pages, DocstoGo, etc) is capable of doing this.

Thus, its purely an entertainment device. As an entertainment device, I much prefer reading on my Kindle and listening to music on my iPod. And, I only watch movies and tv at home - where I have a big screen TV. So, for me, its a very expensive web surfer.

15. KPO89

KPO89 Senior member

Got one last week and am likely returning it this week. Its a pretty cool device but I need to be able to view MS Word documents that include tracked changes. No software (Pages, DocstoGo, etc) is capable of doing this.

Thus, its purely an entertainment device. As an entertainment device, I much prefer reading on my Kindle and listening to music on my iPod. And, I only watch movies and tv at home - where I have a big screen TV. So, for me, its a very expensive web surfer.

^what he said