1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone heard of George Webb shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Tidybeard, Dec 28, 2007.

1. guybagnall

guybagnall New Member

I have a similar problem with a pair of Trickers' Otleys, their last Veldtschoen shoe. Patina is frighteningly easy to destroy and impossible to recover, try as one might. The back of the Otleys are nice in that way, but whether I can get the fronts to work I don't yet know - I will try various products to see if it's possible. I haven't seen pictures of the George Webb Veldtschoens before and now will keep a look out for a pair in my difficult size 11 G or 6. I assume you found them somewhere in England?

2. scrwl

scrwl Senior member

That outdoors pic is after generous use of Saphir Renovateur. Usually does a great job but wanted to use some more effective stuff as the leather still felt a bit too stiff.
    I scored the shoes from eBay UK. I think there were at least 3 pairs for sale in 2015. The sizes were from 7 to 8.5UK though.

3. guybagnall

guybagnall New Member

Do you use neutral renovateur or a coloured one?

4. scrwl

scrwl Senior member

Neutral! This is the stuff i have
    [​IMG]