• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone heard from ricky ho of jantzen lately?

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for another Jantzen thread, but I am getting a bit frustrated and was wondering if anyone else has had problems lately. The first shirt I ordered came 3 weeks later and was great.

I ordered again in December (4 shirts), and Ricky was out of one of the fabrics, so I gave him a replacement and we had several email conversations after that, then nothing. I've written him like 7 times this month trying to find out where my shirts are from the December order and he's not returning my messages.

Has anyone communicated with him lately? Ricky, if you are reading this, sorry to cally you out buddy, but please return my emails.

FCS

Reaction score
Give him a call, I'm having similar problem albeit not after 7 emails. He recognised me straight away after I introduced myself and without explaining myself he knew the reason of my call.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ricky emailed me about 8 or 9 days ago letting me know that he'd ship my shirt order out (my first order) ASAP. The email came about 2 weeks after I put the order in. I used the online form.

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
Stu:

I heard from him last night, after an unduely long time since I placed my last order (The middle of January). I have ordered from Jantzen since May last year and the service has always been speedy. I assume that Mr. Ho was backed up, or perhaps life intruded on business.

Bic

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to call the guy up on Monday. There are some issues about my shirts that still need to be figured out with him (namely, the width of my french cuffs.)

gregory

Reaction score
Can someone kindly share how long did Mr Ho's packages take to arrive once they're shipped from Hong Kong? Also, if you order multiple shirts, do they arrive separately in their own envelopes or in a big box (which might take longer)?

Scott_V

Reaction score
He is yet to respond to 3 e-mails sent every week and a half or so. I am very reluctant to just send someone money if they can not answer a few simple questions. I am very torn, while many people here have had positive comments I think I might wait to see what is going on first...

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
gregory:

How long it takes his shirts to arrive depends on where you live. I am in Tokyo, and they took less than a week. I belive they were posted by air mail.

The most that I ever ordered was 11 or 12 at a time. They came in large paper envelopes (6 shirts or so to each envelope), and never came in a box.

Bic

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
. I am very reluctant to just send someone money if they can not answer a few simple questions.

Don't worry about getting ripped off. They don't charge your credit card until they send the shirts. Ricky finally returned my email last night and apologized, said the shirts are being made. Maybe this post did it?

regularjoe

Reaction score
I got my first shirt the other day, a month after I put the order in. Not too bad for a quasi-MTM shirt.

I hear his English is so-so, so if you do send emails, I'd recommend keeping the sentences short and simple. I've had pretty good luck in that he's usually responded within several days.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Phew, just got off the phone with one of Ricky's assistants. He said Ricky was very busy, so I told him to have Ricky email me back about my issues with the french cuffs. His English wasn't the best, and I have a very hard time understanding English spoken with a Chinese accent, especially over the phone.

Well, I hope to hear from him soon.

Equator

Reaction score
I was in Ricky's shop in HK two days ago. Judging by the number of shirts bagged up and ready to go most of you will get your shirts forthwith, assuming he can get enough time to ship them. It's no wonder he isn't writing scads of email responses either: he had gents three deep in the shop and more in and out while I was there. He told me to expect a two week wait for delivery to the US. Nice guy, perhaps too much business is not always the best thing, especially for those of us in the queue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics