• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have Tasso Elba 2-Button Navy and Tan Wool Pattern Sportcoat 38R to sell?

phatty123

Reaction score
So i looked at macys site and saw this great sportscoat. Of course i waited a few days and now they ran out of my size 38R and only have 40R and up.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...pe=Eve rGreen

This sportscoat is called Tasso Elba 2-Button Navy and Tan Wool Pattern Sportcoat

Does anyone have this sportscoat in 38R to sell or know where to buy this sportcoat? This sportscoat looks so good but I cannot get my hands on it. Can I even ask Macys to order more 38R? I want this so much since I don't have any blazers.

Thanks.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why couldn't you just ask a salesperson to locate one for you from another Macy's?

phatty123

Reaction score
i went to the macys actual store and they told me the sportscoat they have online and in the actual store are different. they don't sell the same items. When i asked another associate, she told me that this sportscoat was gone.

Is there any way to get this actual sportscoat from the actual manuafacturer? I mean, i don't like it when things are sold out and they probably don't make any more of these in 38R.

soileauj

Reaction score
Not for sale but I am as I type this wearing one...navy blue sz. is med. no numbers on mine

phatty123

Reaction score
hey, is that item on ebay the same as the one i showed from the macys catalogue? I mean usually whne i see an item online like the macys one, they usually look better than when i actually receive it. oops, i found out that the first post link i gave is error. Are they the actual same sportcoat? http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...Type=EverGreen

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phatty123
hey, is that item on ebay the same as the one i showed from the macys catalogue?

I mean usually whne i see an item online like the macys one, they usually look better than when i actually receive it.

I certainly cannot guarantee that the catalogue item and the ebay item are the same, but they sure look it. Also, for $60, seems to be worth the risk for what you want.

phatty123

Reaction score
oh, that one is 3 buttons. The one on Macys catalogue is 2 button and is windowpane and this one on ebay isn't.

canderso

Reaction score
I do have the jacket your talking about, are you still interested in buying it?

phatty123

Reaction score
I actually was but your price is like double the retail price so thats too much. Some other posters here says the tasso elba looks good in the picture but doesn't look good when you actually see it. Thx anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads