• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have photos of a TM Lewin shirt being worn in the wild?

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
I can't tell from the pics on the website if the collar looks good.
Anyone have pics of them wearing the shirts?

How is overall quality?

Yes, I did a search.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
lets go with point, cuz i don't like looking at spread collars

ffffuuuu.gif
GTFO
ffffuuuu.gif

Russ_H

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett
I can't tell from the pics on the website if the collar looks good.
Anyone have pics of them wearing the shirts?

How is overall quality?

Yes, I did a search.

I've got some Lewin shirts. They have some nice materials, and the fit is fine for me.

About the collars: I like both medium and spread. The problem I have with some Lewin
shirts is the points: they don't keep their shape during use. They seem to bend in an
irritating way.

For the price, I suppose they're OK, but I'm not sure that I'll rush to buy more.

Reaction score
Similar experience here. Not bad, great price, but nothing I'd rush to buy more of. In my experience fabric is inferior to Jantzen, at the same price. And fit obviously worse since it isn't made to my measurements.

Don't have any pics, sorry. If you're dying for it I can try to take some.

Mr. Lee

Reaction score
Sorry, no pics but I have about a dozen of them, all French Cuff, medium spread: solids, including white and blue (herringbone, poplin and broadcloth) and gingham and I think they have performed very well. I have always bought them on sale and I benefit from the fact that I am an 18" neck and can wear a 36" inch sleeve in the French Cuffs because the bulk of the cuff prevents it from protruding too far (I am ideally a 34"). I think I got them for around 4 for $100 or so plus about $35 shipping and I liked the white ones so much I ordered 4 more at a time. I will say that my original 17.5's used to fit but do not any longer--I definitely think there was some shrinkage there as I have not gained weight. So I have relegated the 17.5's to open collar and wear the 18's with a tie. I also bought two sportcoats and a top coat from them. Very good deals at the time; however, the sport coats ran typically British small: I needed a 46 instead of a 44 (which fit like a 42 so I gave it to my son.) The top coat was and still is fine. Also bought about 4 pairs of shoes from them but I don't know if they sell shoes anymore. Since I had so much of their stuff and am overloaded in general, I have not shopped their site in well over a year, so I don't know what kinds of deals they are offering.

EnglishLapel

Reaction score
The standard rather half arsed spread collar whose points are not long enough is not fantastic IMO though fine. The Windsor collar on the other hand is actually rather good with its wider spread and longer points, and for the price it simply cannot be beaten.

IBJanky

Reaction score
I only wear TM Lewin shirts.

I'll try and get some pics up when I get home.

myke

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of mine.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am wearing a Lewin shirt with a Windsor collar in my posting today in WAYWRN, and yes, the collar has longer points (fits nicely under my waistcoat). Depending on the fabrication, some Lewin shirts are excellent value for the money, others not so much - sometimes it is a roll of the sartorial dice . . . .

Originally Posted by EnglishLapel
The standard rather half arsed spread collar whose points are not long enough is not fantastic IMO though fine. The Windsor collar on the other hand is actually rather good with its wider spread and longer points, and for the price it simply cannot be beaten.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads