• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have Nudie costed denim or seen it in person?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been wanting to grab some coated denim since seeing some DH in person but didnt really want to drop $500 per a pair so I was thinking Nudie coated would be a good substitute but I cant seem to see it in person anywhere. Does anyone have it or seen it, is it nice? what is the weight of the denim like? Alot of nudies I have seen are a light weight denim which I really hate, I was hoping the coated versions of the Slim Jim or other cuts were a bit heavier...Also how does it wear as far as distressing, creasing, etc.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The coated Nudies are pretty lightweight denim.
I haven't worn them enough to comment on wear, etc.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

caff

Reaction score
They're pretty light & stretchy denim, at least on the slim jim dry grey coateds i have. I bought them back in the summer but really haven't worn them enough to comment on how they look after wear..

WhatNow

Reaction score
I have a pair of the slim jims in dry grey coated and a pair thin finns in dry black coated. I love them. They are pretty much the only jeans i have been wearing for the past year or so. Check out this site, its got an entire gallery dedicated to nudies: http://www.mynudies.com/

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn, that is kind of dissapointing. I was really planning on getting the SJGC but only if they were not that light-weight flimsy denim, it looks like Dior is the only one that has in a decent weight sturdy denim

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow they get more shine with each wear it looks like, I wonder if the nudies have as much shine, I am gonna head to Riccardis on Newbury and see if they got em in stock. I cant bring myself to buy them blind on the internet

shade449

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
damn, that is kind of dissapointing. I was really planning on getting the SJGC but only if they were not that light-weight flimsy denim, it looks like Dior is the only one that has in a decent weight sturdy denim

If you don't like light-weight denim, then definately don't get the Nudies. That being said, it's not like your only choices are DH or Nudies... tons of companies make coated jeans these days. I know Raf does and I'm pretty sure that I saw some black, coated NSFs at Barneys.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you guys talking about waxed jeans? I just bought a pair of black waxed nudies at Traffic in the Beverly Center. Nice jeans, although the denim is a bit thinner than I wanted. Also, I saw some black waxed jeans at Barney's Co-op last year but I haven't been yet this season.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads