• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have Long Johns?

Brian SD

Reaction score
I think I'm going to pick up some Long Johns. The fit on the Nudie Fit Guide looks fantastic. The fit on most people in the MyNudies gallery look awful.

I think I may size up one to try and get that same fit as the Nudie Fit Guide model - anyone tried something similar? Curious to hear opinions.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look awfully slim. Are you aiming for that fit? Won't they stretch a bit though?

viking_mike

Reaction score
they are really stretchy denim and are a one wash deal, not dry. i wouldn't size up because the waist runs large on these. i thought the fits on mynudies were pretty good...especially this one http://www.mynudies.com/modules/mx_s...age&pic_id=986 the long john is supposed to be worn really tight and that is how the guy on the nudie fit guide is wearing it...he just has a different build than the guys on mynudies.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
They look awfully slim. Are you aiming for that fit? Won't they stretch a bit though?

More or less. The model on the Nudie Fit Guide is wearing them a bit lower than the MyNudies members, and they're nice and wrinkly, not like leggings.

I want to wear them somewhat anti-fit, but still really slim. I've worn lots of super-skinny girl jeans in the past, probably quite a bit tighter than the Long Johns - the thing i like about the Nudies is the shape of the crotch and yolk.

I've already pretty much committed to purchasing them. I can always sell them. I'm not too worried about the waist running larger, because I have fairly wide hips (for my waist size) and I'm going to wear them lower to get them a little bit anti-fit.

Viking mike, I know they're rinsed and super stretchy and I'm not really bothered by that.

It's going to be an experiment I suppose, and I'll post pictures.

viking_mike

Reaction score
i'm curious as to wear you are purchasing them as they are fairly hard to come by

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dude, this is Styleforum. Nothing in the world of Mens clothing, shoes, or accessories is hard to come by here. There are people here from everywhere in the world who (if you don't piss them off in current events) will more than likely be willing to shop and ship a pair of jeans or shoes or whatever, if you ask politely. Of course, it would only be polite to pay them a bonus of 300% profit on said items, since everyone here is so loaded.

Brian SD is a multigajillionaire, so he's probably got a hot geisha robot with a rocket pack to do his shopping for him.

viking_mike

Reaction score
dude...first of all long johns are from the f/w nudie collection which hasn't shipped yet, and fos5 was the only place in the US to get them before the release of the collection. the only other possibilities is that he has reserved them from fos5 when they get their shipment in soon or that he ordered them from europe. and, style forum is pretty behind in the denim/streetwear if you ask me...

jean_connoisseur23

Reaction score
i purchased long johns yesterday and it is the dry denim model...they look well tapered,similar to the slim jims but a more higher waist

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by viking_mike
dude...first of all long johns are from the f/w nudie collection which hasn't shipped yet, and fos5 was the only place in the US to get them before the release of the collection. the only other possibilities is that he has reserved them from fos5 when they get their shipment in soon or that he ordered them from europe. and, style forum is pretty behind in the denim/streetwear if you ask me...
Obviously you missed my entire point. If there's only one retail place in the US to get them... or they aren't available yet, go outside the US to get them! I fail to see how this has anything to do with us being "behind" in the streetwear scene. I'm sure they are available in Tokyo, and in Europe. I may be wrong, since I am so "behind", but if they are... Brian, or anyone really, can get a pair with a minimum of effort. Somehow though, I have the feeling that Brian doesn't have to stoop to that level to get a pair of Nudies. I'm just saying that it isn't hard.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I think people here are pretty well aware of everything that's going on in the denim scene even if you don't see a ton of posts about it. People are more reserved about posting and I think a higher percentage of our members are here to ask questions, not answer them.

I rarely, if ever, see a post such as "THIS IS THE NEXT BIG **** GUYS." Probably because the somewhat older crowd here is much more cynical about anything that comes across as that.

viking_mike

Reaction score
i never said they were hard to purchase...they are just hard to come buy...ie sparse, and not many places sell them, yet. and yes they are just nudies...nothing ultra rare like some 50yr old levis or some obscure japanese brand.

viking_mike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jean_connoisseur23
i purchased long johns yesterday and it is the dry denim model...they look well tapered,similar to the slim jims but a more higher waist
dude...do you even know what you are talking about??? johns are higher than kim but lower than jim

Brian SD

Reaction score
i never said they were hard to purchase...they are just hard to come buy...ie sparse, and not many places sell them, yet

I'm not expecting them to be widely distributed in the US, ever. The skinny jean trend is still on the downlow outside of the indie and fashion scene, and I don't think Nudie would make enough sales of them.

Brian SD

Reaction score
dude...do you even know what you are talking about??? johns are higher than kim but lower than jim

Don't **** with this guy. He knows his ****. He was the first one here to get Dior x Eternals.
plain.gif
dozingoff.gif

viking_mike

Reaction score
hhhhhhhhhhhaah...i remember when he posted that **** on the other sf...wait till they come out with some PBJx Dior Homme...now that will be the ******* ****!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads