• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have Long Johns?

Arnold_Horseshack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I think I'm going to pick up some Long Johns. The fit on the Nudie Fit Guide looks fantastic. The fit on most people in the MyNudies gallery look awful.

I think I may size up one to try and get that same fit as the Nudie Fit Guide model - anyone tried something similar? Curious to hear opinions.

yup i got the tops and the bottoms got them from the armynavy store they rock!!!! i wear them underneth my nirvana tshirt
sly.gif

tangerine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arnold_Horseshack
yup i got the tops and the bottoms got them from the armynavy store they rock!!!! i wear them underneth my nirvana tshirt
sly.gif

I hope you are also wearing cutoff fatigues and a wool cap.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Got my Long Johns today. Damn, they're perfect. Exactly, 100% what I wanted and was expecting. Incredibly comfortable, loose, semi-anti-fit waist (sized up one), long enough for some rucking at the bottom (but not over the edge) and super fitted in the thighs and calves.

Any fear of discomfort is unwarranted, really. They're probably the most comfortable jeans I own now.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Long Johns today. Damn, they're perfect. Exactly, 100% what I wanted and was expecting. Incredibly comfortable, loose, semi-anti-fit waist (sized up one), long enough for some rucking at the bottom (but not over the edge) and super fitted in the thighs and calves.

Any fear of discomfort is unwarranted, really. They're probably the most comfortable jeans I own now.

Photographs please
smile.gif
?

viking_mike

Reaction score
how are the back pockets? they look a bit high in the pictures...

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by viking_mike
how are the back pockets? they look a bit high in the pictures...

Higher than Finns, Jims and Ralfs, lower than APC.

Skalgore, I'll have pictures as soon as I find my little camera docking thing.

minya

Reaction score
wow, I'd love to see them Brian. I'm getting all excited from your description. (No, not that kind of excited, unfortunately...)

I wish my Dior 19cms were just a little less tight in the thigh and then they'd fit exactly as you described :\\

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Higher than Finns, Jims and Ralfs, lower than APC.

That's wierd. IME, the Jims fit lower than the APC NS, but the APC NS fit higher than the Ralphs. Not that I've ever measured them, but that's how they feel. Maybe it's time to pull out the old tape measure.

da new Edwin x Vans line is da ***** there r jeans n matchn shooz werd u suckas prolly dont even knw bout this so a minute behind lolz

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
That's wierd. IME, the Jims fit lower than the APC NS, but the APC NS fit higher than the Ralphs. Not that I've ever measured them, but that's how they feel. Maybe it's time to pull out the old tape measure.

da new Edwin x Vans line is da ***** there r jeans n matchn shooz werd u suckas prolly dont even knw bout this so a minute behind lolz

Haha. Hmmm.. I may have described it incorrectly, though I think we agree.

I'll just draw a fancy shmancy chart.

HIGH (back pockets, crotch)
--
APC Hipsters
APC New Standards
Nudie Long Johns
Nudie Ralfs
Nudie Slim Jims / Finns
LOW

HIGH (rise)
--
APC New Standards
Nudie Ralfs
Nudie Slim Jims / Finns
Nudie Long Johns
Hipsters
LOW

So the rise is low in front and back, but the actual crotch and where the pockets sit is pretty low.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hm, I should learn to read. I was thinking about the rise, not the pockets. Yeah, definitely every pair of Nudies I've seen have dropped pockets (both front and back) and the APCs sit fairly high comparatively. I stand corrected.

Still, u haveto admit u djnt knw about the edwinsxvans collab though

Haha. Hmmm.. I may have described it incorrectly, though I think we agree.

I'll just draw a fancy shmancy chart.

HIGH (back pockets, crotch)
--
APC Hipsters
APC New Standards
Nudie Long Johns
Nudie Ralfs
Nudie Slim Jims / Finns
LOW

HIGH (rise)
--
APC New Standards
Nudie Ralfs
Nudie Slim Jims / Finns
Nudie Long Johns
Hipsters
LOW

So the rise is low in front and back, but the actual crotch and where the pockets sit is pretty low.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not my style but looks good
smile.gif

viking_mike

Reaction score
i love the fit in the front but i hate the ass area...too much like girl's jeans...looks like a tight/high yoke with small back pockets

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by viking_mike
i love the fit in the front but i hate ass area...too much like girl's jeans...looks like a tight/high yoke with small back pockets

I noticed what you mean. Looks like that when I'm standing that way, but in normal position and when walking around, it's much looser and the pockets don't hug the ass. I'd be cool if they stretched out a bit, though I don't think they'll stretch at all as they have 2.5% stretch material.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I'm going to pick up some Long Johns. The fit on the Nudie Fit Guide looks fantastic. The fit on most people in the MyNudies gallery look awful.

I think I may size up one to try and get that same fit as the Nudie Fit Guide model - anyone tried something similar? Curious to hear opinions.

Umm, hadn't you heard? Nudie is dead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads