1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have Long Johns?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Brian SD, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

how are the back pockets? they look a bit high in the pictures...

Higher than Finns, Jims and Ralfs, lower than APC.

Skalgore, I'll have pictures as soon as I find my little camera docking thing.

2. minya

minya Senior member

wow, I'd love to see them Brian. I'm getting all excited from your description. (No, not that kind of excited, unfortunately...)

I wish my Dior 19cms were just a little less tight in the thigh and then they'd fit exactly as you described :\\

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Higher than Finns, Jims and Ralfs, lower than APC.

That's wierd. IME, the Jims fit lower than the APC NS, but the APC NS fit higher than the Ralphs. Not that I've ever measured them, but that's how they feel. Maybe it's time to pull out the old tape measure.

da new Edwin x Vans line is da shits there r jeans n matchn shooz werd u suckas prolly dont even knw bout this so a minute behind lolz

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

That's wierd. IME, the Jims fit lower than the APC NS, but the APC NS fit higher than the Ralphs. Not that I've ever measured them, but that's how they feel. Maybe it's time to pull out the old tape measure.

da new Edwin x Vans line is da shits there r jeans n matchn shooz werd u suckas prolly dont even knw bout this so a minute behind lolz

Haha. Hmmm.. I may have described it incorrectly, though I think we agree.

I'll just draw a fancy shmancy chart.

HIGH (back pockets, crotch)
    --
    APC Hipsters
    APC New Standards
    Nudie Long Johns
    Nudie Ralfs
    Nudie Slim Jims / Finns
    LOW

HIGH (rise)
    --
    APC New Standards
    Nudie Ralfs
    Nudie Slim Jims / Finns
    Nudie Long Johns
    Hipsters
    LOW

So the rise is low in front and back, but the actual crotch and where the pockets sit is pretty low.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Hm, I should learn to read. I was thinking about the rise, not the pockets. Yeah, definitely every pair of Nudies I've seen have dropped pockets (both front and back) and the APCs sit fairly high comparatively. I stand corrected.

Still, u haveto admit u djnt knw about the edwinsxvans collab though

Haha. Hmmm.. I may have described it incorrectly, though I think we agree.

I'll just draw a fancy shmancy chart.

HIGH (back pockets, crotch)
    --
    APC Hipsters
    APC New Standards
    Nudie Long Johns
    Nudie Ralfs
    Nudie Slim Jims / Finns
    LOW

HIGH (rise)
    --
    APC New Standards
    Nudie Ralfs
    Nudie Slim Jims / Finns
    Nudie Long Johns
    Hipsters
    LOW

So the rise is low in front and back, but the actual crotch and where the pockets sit is pretty low.

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Found my camera cord... [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Not my style but looks good [​IMG]

8. viking_mike

viking_mike Senior member

i love the fit in the front but i hate the ass area...too much like girl's jeans...looks like a tight/high yoke with small back pockets

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

i love the fit in the front but i hate ass area...too much like girl's jeans...looks like a tight/high yoke with small back pockets

I noticed what you mean. Looks like that when I'm standing that way, but in normal position and when walking around, it's much looser and the pockets don't hug the ass. I'd be cool if they stretched out a bit, though I don't think they'll stretch at all as they have 2.5% stretch material.

10. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

I think I'm going to pick up some Long Johns. The fit on the Nudie Fit Guide looks fantastic. The fit on most people in the MyNudies gallery look awful.

I think I may size up one to try and get that same fit as the Nudie Fit Guide model - anyone tried something similar? Curious to hear opinions.

Umm, hadn't you heard? Nudie is dead.

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Brian, overall those look real good!

do you know what the difference is between LJ and thin finn? I'm assuming LJ has an even tighter fit, a la Julian Red hoboken (vs cali)

12. viking_mike

funny you bring up the finns and hobokens...i am having trouble deciding on which to get. the diff. between the finns and the johns are the tops. john has a slightly skinnier leg (like .5" diff.), lower rise, smaller pockets that are higher, and a higher yoke. finn has lower bigger pockets, with a lower yoke and higher rise.

13. Babar

Babar Senior member

i love the fit in the front but i hate the ass area...too much like girl's jeans...looks like a tight/high yoke with small back pockets
    My thoughts too, but I bet it's the stance that does it, and they'll probably break in very nicely too. They look far better than anything over at mynudies for sure (if there ever was a pair of jeans that should require some sort of license before purchase, this would be it)

14. viking_mike

i'm not sure about that...i really liked the one fit on mynudies i posted like on the first page of the thread

15. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

For an accurate portrayal of how jeans really look, the model must assume the "aggro" stance. [​IMG]

16. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

My thoughts too, but I bet it's the stance that does it, and they'll probably break in very nicely too. They look far better than anything over at mynudies for sure (if there ever was a pair of jeans that should require some sort of license before purchase, this would be it)

It sounds elitist to say this but I couldn't imagine having even 5 pounds more on my body and being able to wear them with any confidence. While the Thin Finn can look nice on waist sizes above 30, I can't imagine that the Long Johns will look like anything but denim leggings.

I just walked to the bank and back, and I got whistled at twice by people driving by (something that's never happened before). Both times, they were men. [​IMG]

17. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

You just keep shakin' that cake, sugarbritches. Don't let those mean old men bother you. [​IMG]

18. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

For an accurate portrayal of how jeans really look, the model must assume the "aggro" stance. [​IMG]

Hahahahaha. I forgot. I should have busted it, seeing as I am the shihan, the supreme master of AGGRO STANCE.

19. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

Once I get these RRDS b0rk3n in, I will probably get a pair of Long Johns. I got 30s in RRDS and they're already bagging down off my hipbones. They look pretty good but they're a bit baggy.

20. DNW

DNW Senior member

I just walked to the bank and back, and I got whistled at twice by people driving by (something that's never happened before). Both times, they were men. [​IMG]

Dude, if I saw that ass walking from far away, I'd......nm

You make them jeans look gooooood.

j/k [​IMG]