• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

anyone have friends/relatives they hadn't seen in a long time turn in to douchebags?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was at a wedding this weekend for a relative and so I saw family that I hadn't seen in years. In particular, I used to be really close with one of my cousins. We used to do everything together as children, and I was looking forward to seeing him again because it had been 13 years since I last saw him. It struck me after about 2 minutes of talking to him that he was a douchebag. He has transformed into a brand-worshipping, status seeking, tool. I was very disappointed.

He has a sales job where he interacts with some wealthy people and he just couldn't stop saying how he hangs out with hundred-millionaires now that he's gotten a little taste of money (he earned about 100k last year). In 30 minutes of conversation he probably said it about 20 times. Then he started asking about my clothes and tailor in an attempt to prove his baller status. It was a little sickening, actually, and I couldn't wait to get away from him.

His brother actually performed the reverse transformation. He was a bit of a douche as a teen. He'd steal from poor relatives, grandparents, etc., but now he's grown-up and actually considers how his actions impact other people.

Lucky7

Reaction score
Sounds like dejavu for me...my cousin Brian and I were very close as children, and even in our teens. I havent seen him for about 10 years. I saw him the other night at a holiday party. He is a pencil pusher for a big financial institution (that hasn't toppled over....yet). He is recently married to a total fucking dog..which made me feel even better by showing off my dime piece dame. I own my own company which develops/builds real estate. Brian believes that because the builder industry is off throughout the country that I can't possibly be busy. I haven't seen him since I started the company, but all I heard about was how much money he was making and blah, blah, blah. I asked why he didn't show up with anything for the host if he was doing so well...this promptly shut him up. Total D - Bag. I just played along and acted like he was the man...in 6 months he'll be calling me for a job. 'Tis the season for j-offs.

montyharding

Reaction score
Well, if you think about it you have to become a douchebag so it makes sense. What you witnessed is clearly a douchebag pupa. Whether he can actually approach true douchebaggery is something else.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 140 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 264 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 16.0%
  • 31 - 40