• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Anyone have experience with Hickey dress/sport shirts?

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two sport shirts from last season... Both medium with added darts and they are slim enough. Quality is nothing special, but not cheap or anything either. Fabrics are nicer than I expected from them, although I want to say the shirts are still done in China.

I think I was told they switched manufacturers since then (dropping the quality of all their items), which is making me hold back on the Navy Chalk stripe suit on their website.

gnatty8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of the OCBD, and like them. Fabric is very thick and substantial, and shirt is a relatively slim fit. I wouldn't pay much more than $100 for one though.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I have a couple of the OCBD, and like them. Fabric is very thick and substantial, and shirt is a relatively slim fit. I wouldn't pay much more than $100 for one though.
I have one I really like, too. $50 at FB last winter.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by overdog
Actually, their origin of manufacture is heaven.
By way of Macao.

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i believe there is a thread on hickeystyle in streetwear. I have found the quality of their shirts to be good, especially at the $50-$60 price range.

gnatty8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just wish they'd lay off the f*cking pot leaf already.. I have passed on so many Hickey shirts because I did not want to have a gold embroidered pot leaf on my sleeve! HELLO!!!

I am tempted to try one of the suits, but have heard the fit is very slim. Anyone know how they compare to mainline Hickey Freeman?

kjm

Reaction score
I bought a Hickey suit when they were on sale last year. They are indeed very slim fitting. I'm consistently a 38 (with a 32 waist), but the Hickey 38 pull pretty bad at the button. Oh and the pants were extremely tight, and the rise was too low (maybe 9") for a work environment. I returned it and got something more appropriate for work.

kjm

Reaction score
And can anyone comment on the length of their dress/sport shirts? I'm 6'2"-ish, and I have a hard time finding shirts that are long enough in the torso. How does it compare to J. Crew, for example?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 267 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • 31 - 40