• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have any experience with this shoe brand from Pakistan?

Fexxi

Reaction score
I discovered this eBay seller recently that claims to manufacture handmade shoes in Pakistan. The pictures look great although I doubt that those are the actual shoes they made. A quick google images reverse search found the same picture in a Polish menswear forum; apparently the shoes in the picture are Gaziano and Girling and were made for Prince Charles... Still curious whether anyone of you has any experience with this seller. Prices are tempting and their YouTube videos look legit as well. I've messaged the seller asking about the pictures but I'm still waiting for a reply.

Betta

Reaction score
Definitely a red flag, but curious what the seller replies. Used to have family that lived in Pakistan (+15 years ago) and they always mentioned the country had a huge (albeit no concern for health and the environment) leather industry.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ask for the name of the shop (not obvious to me from a look at the eBay page), or at least where specifically it is located. I spent a fair amount in Pakistan a while back and had a couple pair of shoes made, mostly out of curiosity, at what was supposed to be the most reputable maker in Islamabad. One of them is wearable. But I'd be very, very surprised if you find a maker there who is using premium materials.

Fexxi

Reaction score

This is their online shop. Still waiting for a reply.

Fexxi

Reaction score
They sent me this video. Not the exact same model as in the eBay listing but a similar one. Looks pretty good to me! Apparently, they're also using full-grain leather and good-year welting with closed channel stitching. Might give them a try given the price is pretty decent. Seems as if they're a MTM company that claims to be able to copy any kind of shoe.

Video

BPL Esq

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too encouraged by the fact that they sent a video of a guy holding a shoe.

Also sort of weird that the shoes are described in the ad as "Blake construction" and also "hand stitched goodyear welted."

Fexxi

Reaction score
Not expecting Gaziano & Girling quality obviously. But they do offer a full refund and if I use PayPal on eBay I should be on the safe side I Imagine. The reviews they have on multiple platforms are very positive although they could all be fake obviously. It might be a miss, it might be a hidden gem. Since established companies like Luxire and iTailor also manufacture in low-wage countries/places that have a rather negative reputation when it comes to quality goods, this company might as well deliver decent shoes. Will update you if I order a pair.

Braid

Reaction score
The ebay shop seems to be a mix of pictures stolen from other brands and authentic one (which don't look very good).

If you are interested in this price range I would go to other reputable brands like Loake, Meermin etc..

Last edited:

wesleeatl

Reaction score
The ebay shop seems to be a mix of pictures stolen from other brands and authentic one (which doesn't look very good).

If you are interested in this price range I would go to other reputable brands like Loake, Meermin etc..
some people just need to learn the hard way.

Fexxi

Reaction score
some people just need to learn the hard way.

So you've ordered there and got scammed? Look, as I mentioned in my previous post this company copies any type of shoe. Obviously not in the highest quality possible, that's why they're only asking €180 for a pair. I own Meermin shoes but unfortunately the last of Oxford's doesn't fit my feet. PayPal and eBay refunds = no trouble for me the buyer if the product is not as advertised. The seller has been active on eBay for many years, I doubt that he'd still be online if he's actually scamming people.

wesleeatl

Reaction score
So you've ordered there and got scammed? Look, as I mentioned in my previous post this company copies any type of shoe. Obviously not in the highest quality possible, that's why they're only asking €180 for a pair. I own Meermin shoes but unfortunately the last of Oxford's doesn't fit my feet. PayPal and eBay refunds = no trouble for me the buyer if the product is not as advertised. The seller has been active on eBay for many years, I doubt that he'd still be online if he's actually scamming people.
i’m not worried about your money brother, just your time. personally hate dealing with returns and refunds. too many red flags here to even consider, again, personally. prove us wrong though, always love a good success story.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 86 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads