• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

anyone have a good website for jeans

oldskool

Reaction score
i checked polo.com, nothing i like. bluefly has nothing...

my fave jeans are a straight leg RRL, fit great. also, i got a pair of the purple label jeans on the last big sale and they fit with a similar straight leg.

any jeans people with a heads up on a sale?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scoopnyc.com has a pretty good sale selection. You might want to try the AG "Hero", which is a more relaxed slight bootcut. Revolve.com and goclothing.com also have a limited selection, but the prices are not discounted that much. Lastly, Nordstrom, or all places, has a selected number of jeans about 1/3 off. Good luck.

Oh, and I think that Saks and Neimans have the Varvatos jeans on sale too - up your alley.

color_reporter

Reaction score
LA Guy,

Do you know how the PDC 2SLMLR ("Resin Prep") model fits at waist and thighs compared to LTD or ICN models? Thanks.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try using Google. I googled PDC last week and found a site with Sevens on sale for like $98. I meant to post it here, but got distracted and forgot about it.

luxechic

Reaction score
www.activeendeavors.com has some jeans on sale. Â Use the code luckymag for an extra 20%.
Sadly, active endeavors doesn't allow codes to be applied on sale items.
sad.gif
It may show up when you check out, but the price will later be adjusted to reflect the lower price (either the sale price or the 20% off, whichever is lowest is the price they will charge). However, if you email Blaec.com they will usually either match a code or @ least offer *some* discount. Therefore you could try emailing them to match the Luckymag code for 20% off, they have great CS.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LA Guy,

Do you know how the PDC 2SLMLR ("Resin Prep") model fits at waist and thighs compared to LTD or ICN models? Thanks.

About the same in the waist, considerably slimmer throughout the leg.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scoopnyc.com has a pretty good sale selection.  You might want to try the AG "Hero", which is a more relaxed slight bootcut.  Revolve.com and goclothing.com also have a limited selection, but the prices are not discounted that much.  Lastly, Nordstrom, or all places, has a selected number of jeans about 1/3 off.  Good luck.

Oh, and I think that Saks and Neimans have the Varvatos jeans on sale too - up your alley.
I tried on a couple pairs of Varvatos jeans at a Saks outlet a few weeks ago, and was disapointed in the fit.

Normally I take a 30 in PDC, but had to go with a 32 in Varvatos for a comfortable fit in the thighs and waist. They were the USA model jeans, in a dark faded black wash. I found the rise to be too high, and the legs were a little too straight/narrow.

Is this the typical fit of Varvatos jeans?

Side note - I had a 30% off coupon, so I used it on an awesome corduroy Varvatos fall jacket. Brown, 3/4 length, very cool.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of those same Varvatos USA jeans. They fit exactly how you described. I like the slim fit and simply cut off the stupid tag in the back. The denim feels pretty good and I think it will wear nicely.

After a hemming, I'm good to go. FWIW, all of the Varvatos denim I've tried on fits very similar.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Varvatos has that jean, a boot cut. which is straighter and looser through the thighs and legs, and have recently flirted with a wide legged jean. I advocate going with a real denim company (Paper Denim, J.P. Da'mage, APC. etc...) who put real though into their jeans, (from sourcing their denim to their interacting with their laundries) over overpriced designers anyday.

Dill

Reaction score
I bought some ICN PDCs from the activeendeavors.com sale, but sent them back today. I tried on PDCs at fred segal last year, which I liked but didn't buy. Those must have been a different cut because I didn't like the ICNs at all. I know they were supposed to be long, but they felt really baggy and I didn't care for the flared bottoms. Do you guys think I would like the gto cut more? I have also tried on and liked the cut of the Earnest Sewn Hemmingway if that helps at all. As for the original posters question, I recently discovered www.standardstyle.com which has a pretty large selection of denim. I have not ordered from them yet, so I can't say anything about customer service.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are quite a few cuts of Paper Denims. From your description, I doubt the one's you liked were the GTOs, which are considerably more flared (hem to knee ratio is higher) than the ICN's, and are lower rise. On the other hand, they are considerably slimmer. For a straight leg (Helmut Lang style, which is *slightly* tapered), slimmer style, try the GTS. I doubt you'd tried on the SLM, since that cut is really quite new (only one season old.) If you could describe the jeans you tried on (what the pockets looked like, the cut, the wash (some washes only come in specific cuts), maybe I could help you find the jean you are looking for. Other jeans to try are the Earnest Sewn Maz Dark Hutch jean, which is slim and only slightly bootcut, the Standard A.P.C. jean for unwashed denim, Nudie's Regular Ralf jean, Helmut Lang Bootcut (really a straight leg), G-Stars Low Straight cut (I prefer the Low Boot, but that is me), and some Rag and Bone models (these are really, really, hard to find, btw). Good luck.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Rag & Bone jeans might not fit the bill as they are quite baggy in the legs in my experience (plus they are extremely overpriced)... SLM is my absolute favorite cut from PDC. Beats the crap out of GTS when it was still around. Much better fit through the seat, and a little slimmer through the thighs. GAP 1969 jeans can be very nicely cut, even though I would personally never buy from GAP.

There are also Kunna jeans which are lower rise, and an excellent fit through the thighs and seat. Truthfully, my Kunna jeans probably have the best looking seat I have in my collection. Some of their washes are a little odd, but everyone should have a couple pieces of extremity in their wardrobe.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SLM is my absolute favorite cut from PDC. Beats the crap out of GTS when it was still around.

Personally, neither cut fits me that well. I need a slightly looser straightleg (like the A.P.C. Standard) or a slight bootcut (like the GTO, ICN, or the LIT. Different body types, is all. My shoulders are too narrow and I'm not skinny enough to make a really slim straight look good. IMO, only male model types (i.e. skinny and tall with squared, angular shoulders) wear slim jeans particularly well.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try using Google.  I googled PDC last week and found a site with Sevens on sale for like $98.  I meant to post it here, but got distracted and forgot about it.
is that price missing a decimal point and a zero?
Shouldn't it be $9.80, 'cause I know there is no way anyone is paying $98 for a pair of jeans, if so, wow, I need to find some higher priced shoes to sell in here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads