• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone has experience with my.suit in nyc?

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan

Well, you don't need direct knowledge of how a product is sourced or made to judge the end results.

He didn't mention the end results, which he may or may not have seen. He said it was not possible to do something for a given price.

Matt S

Reaction score
I went into the White Plains store and all the fabrics were super 150s or higher. And they couldn't do trousers with forward pleats. Considering the other MTM options available this one is not worth it.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
If TAT is too fashion short term, how does one get in contact with "Mr. Ned or Izzy at L & S"?
Any ballpark cost ranges for just a jacket? for a full suit?

1) Mr. Ned.

Have your orderly type the following into the computer in front of you:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mr+ned

Click the FIRST LINK YOU SEE.

Have your orderly call the number.

2. L & S Tailoring. (for advanced users only.)

Have your orderly type the following into the computer in front of you:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=l+s+tailor

(You see what I did there?)

DON'T CLICK THE FIRST LINK YOU SEE. CLICK THE THIRD LINK.

Have your orderly call the number.

Protip - if it takes longer to type the post than to use Google, don't post. Also best of luck with the rehab.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alliswell, I am well aware of lmgtfy, you stupid tool.
How 2009. Think for a second, you imbecile.
Does "Just go to Mr. Don" sound like something you'd Google?
How about "Just call Albert from Nordstrom's"
No, it doesn't, you idiot.

To many, the first names imply a one-off travelling journeyman, which is why I asked for clarification.
Further, in the past, people have referred indep. tailors with just a phone number of these types who do not have a storefront or website.

In trying to make yourself to look oh-so-clever, you show your crude lack of depth.
And, I like how you had to update your asshole post to "click the 3rd link"
Not so obvious, huh, smart ass? Now, please STFU.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
... Does "Just go to Mr. Ned" sound like something you'd Google?

meh. Maybe we both learned something.

freedomwriter

Reaction score
If you listen to someone like Paolom you will be lost the ignorance. Mysuitny is an amazing experience a truly customized and amazing fitting suit for starting $500. I use to buy brooks brothers and Paul Stewart and came to find that the $500 fabric was better than their $1,000 suits and the worse part about it was they tried to tailor things to fit that never really could. Now secondly why again Paolom knows "0" about the garmet industry simply due to Mysuit owns the factory their suits come from which is why it's such a reasonable price. As a matter of fact wait until you hear this.... My suit owns the same factory that Brooks brothers and Paul Stewart suits are made from. When someone ignorant that doesn't know anything puts their illogical sense in it can really change someone's mind on a good product. My advise to all is step into a Mysuit and find out some history before you listen to anything people can write.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you listen to someone like Paolom you will be lost the ignorance. Mysuitny is an amazing experience a truly customized and amazing fitting suit for starting $500. I use to buy brooks brothers and Paul Stewart and came to find that the $500 fabric was better than their $1,000 suits and the worse part about it was they tried to tailor things to fit that never really could. Now secondly why again Paolom knows "0" about the garmet industry simply due to Mysuit owns the factory their suits come from which is why it's such a reasonable price. As a matter of fact wait until you hear this.... My suit owns the same factory that Brooks brothers and Paul Stewart suits are made from. When someone ignorant that doesn't know anything puts their illogical sense in it can really change someone's mind on a good product. My advise to all is step into a Mysuit and find out some history before you listen to anything people can write.

Cough...shill...cough.:facepalm:..

Bumping an over 2 year old thread with your first and only two forum posts. That's not suspicious at all. Plus, you clearly do not understand what fully customized means.

mbonnell

Reaction score
Yes I have. Bought one suit and the pants are not right. They tried to fix them once. It still was not right - Frankly, I don't think they did a thing as the pants seemed exactly the same to me. They asked me to send pictures of the pants. I told them I would just go to my tailor to get them done right. NOTHING FROM THEM....Perhaps a discount on my next suit. Maybe they cover the cost to get them right. NOTHING. Would not touch these guys again. ZERO customer service.

brownkat

Reaction score
Consumers should be aware that MySuit will charge you for any garment you order even if it screws up the construction of the garment.

They protect themselves by getting you to sign an order that says MySuit does not accept return or provide refunds. This happened to me on two suits and I'm $1100 worse off for the experience.

MySuit gives the impression that they will make a suit to fit you personally. But this doesn't mean that they take the number of measurements necessary to ensure the correct fit in all cases.

They use standardized models of suit sizes and find the one that most closely resembles your body. They then measure arm length, pant leg length, chest, waist and a couple of other measurements. Importantly, they pay no attention to the most critical part of the suit -- how the sleeve needs to fit into the shoulder hole to match how your arm hangs relative to your posture. In my case (and I have pretty normal posture), this omission caused really bad crumpling of material on the shoulder -- rendering my jackets completely unacceptable and a worse fit than "ready to wear" suits bought off the peg.

Admittedly, they do take a lot of trouble to customize minor details -- like the color of the jacket lining, the color of the stitches around button holes, the type of lapel, the number and configuration of buttons, the number of vents and pockets, and so on. But what's the benefit of all of this "embroidery" if the actual suit looks awful when made?

What's worse is that MySuit made little effort to correct the problem. They acknowledged orally that the sleeve was incorrectly sewn into the arm hole and needed to be rotated a 1/4". But they said that this was too expensive to do. They actually said they would have the tailor try to fix it but, two weeks later, the problem was identical. They hadn't fixed it. Oh, and there's no tailor on the premises!!

So, whereas their formula may work for some of their clients and those clients may be very happy, it doesn't work for many of us -- causing major disappointment and considerable financial loss.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads