• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone has experience with my.suit in nyc?

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score
facepalm.gif

awaits the public lashings
Pilloried..............

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you look at the junk in the window it's hilarious. They have the nerve to plant themselves a step away from Paul Stuart, and Brooks Brothers on Madison. It's like ANF on Savile Row.

bubblegum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
If you look at the junk in the window it's hilarious. They have the nerve to plant themselves a step away from Paul Stuart, and Brooks Brothers on Madison. It's like ANF on Savile Row.

are they not good? junk?

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Junk obviously. It is impossible to do what they are advertising for that kind of price.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bubble,

mysuit will cost you more like $750 if you get expensive fabric.

Without labels, I doubt most people here could tell the difference.
Take the 2 suits and put them side by side.
See if you can tell the difference.

Want to really laugh? Go read the threads about how to tell if a jacket is canvassed.
Want an even bigger laugh? Read the threads about how to tell the difference b/w $100 cashmere and $5 Polyester.

The differences that are hyped on SF are almost infinitesimal in the real world.
Figure out how you want a suit to fit. This is 90% of what a "good suit" is all about.

bubblegum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
bubble,

mysuit will cost you more like $750 if you get expensive fabric.

$750 is still cheaper than some OTR labels from BB or Hugo. Doesn't seem like a bad price, especially if the suit fits me.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Junk obviously. It is impossible to do what they are advertising for that kind of price.

They are completely vertical- they own their own cloth mill, own their own factories, own the stores, and are able to bring the finished garment into the US under NAFTA so they are cutting out a lot of middlemen.

Being in the trade, it is perhaps imprudent of you to go commenting on other products unless you have direct knowledge of them.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jefferyd
They are completely vertical- they own their own cloth mill, own their own factories, own the stores, and are able to bring the finished garment into the US under NAFTA so they are cutting out a lot of middlemen.
That is not completely true. 1. They do not own their own mills. They buy directly from Chinese mills. Keep in mind its not uncommon for Chinese "wool" cloths to have 3-5% poly content. In terms of their premium fabrics I assume they are what they are advertised as. 2. Their product is made in Mexico, same factory that makes for lower end brands including Jones New York and Donald Trump. They are a large and successful business so I do give them alot of credit for being able to grow and be profitable. They must be doing something right, as I imagine they must have alot of repeat customers. Probably not somewhere an SF enthusiast would want to go as a first choice, but for the average guy I dont see anything wrong with them. That is my honest opinion. If you want MTM and are not after a very conservative look I would recommend Thick as Thieves. Ive done business with Jason in the past and he has a very nice product and service.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steven Aver

1. They do not own their own mills.

They own a mill in Mexico called Cimexlana which has supplied Z Zegna, Jack Victor, and others. They may also buy cloth from China, this I do not know.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
it is not the worst garment I have ever seen.
I think they make in an old GFT factory. I would guess that it is a vry high tech modern facility.
with huge margins. the newest store near wall street was scary modern high tech.

better then some of the astor and black garments i have seen
the suits are overpressed and flat looking.
and at $750 no great bargain unless you like the stupid details in the windows in Herald square,
I Would bet direct labor, fabric and trim comes in under $100.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in the market for a proper MTM suit. I have been stalling on pulling the trigger, however. I want a LITTLE bit stylish (slim, but not douchey fashion that will look stupid in 2 years) It seems like TAT is on the short list for a slim fit MTM suit. With TAT, I measure myself, right? Any adjustments, insights on this process to increase odds of a good fit on the first try?

I am hesitant to do mail order MTM, b/c of the large room for error, and little recourse remotely. I'd rather pay a little more for something in person. Less room for error, and they can fix it. $500 spent at TAT for a bad fit is a total lose vs. $800 for something local.... I'd rather pay the $800 for zero margin of error, and a guaranteed suit I will wear (insurance). Do I have the right thinking?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
better off with Mr. Ned or Izzy at L & S just be specific as to the fit you are looking for.
this way you can get the fit you are looking for.

my assistant had a T a T suit made. It fit decently, but it is too short and looks dated already

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The differences that are hyped on SF are almost infinitesimal in the real world. Figure out how you want a suit to fit. This is 90% of what a "good suit" is all about.

You may be right that the "real world" can't tell the difference, but whether this matters depends entirely on one's motive for buying bespoke in the first place.

More than 90% of all suit wearers don't know how a suit should fit.

Originally Posted by jefferyd
Being in the trade, it is perhaps imprudent of you to go commenting on other products unless you have direct knowledge of them.

Well, you don't need direct knowledge of how a product is sourced or made to judge the end results. One can only assume that what they advertize is what they consider optimal. Given that, I'd have to agree their suits are junk.

I am in the market for a proper MTM suit. I have been stalling on pulling the trigger, however. I want a LITTLE bit stylish (slim, but not douchey fashion that will look stupid in 2 years) It seems like TAT is on the short list for a slim fit MTM suit. With TAT, I measure myself, right? Any adjustments, insights on this process to increase odds of a good fit on the first try?

I am hesitant to do mail order MTM, b/c of the large room for error, and little recourse remotely. I'd rather pay a little more for something in person. Less room for error, and they can fix it. $500 spent at TAT for a bad fit is a total lose vs. $800 for something local.... I'd rather pay the $800 for zero margin of error, and a guaranteed suit I will wear (insurance). Do I have the right thinking?

TAT is very extreme in style. If you want something that will not look dated in a couple of years, it's not your best choice.

Last Year's Man

Reaction score

Doesn't TaT make a fully canvassed MTM for even cheaper, it can't be impossible if so many people are doing it.
Obviously nobody in the thread has seen the resulting product, so its a bit hasty to declare it junk. Perhaps they just have a very shrewd business model or survive on small profit margins.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads