• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

anyone has experience with custom suits at Indochino.com

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not just get TaT? We know Jason; he's a trustworthy and responsive guy.

tatet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Why not just get TaT? We know Jason; he's a trustworthy and responsive guy.

The charcoal suits on this website are only $285, which is almost half the price as TaT

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now seriously, how nice of a suit do you really expect to buy mail-order for $285? If you want a cheap "throw-away" charcoal suit, drive to H&M and pick one up for $150. No point is risking the crap-shoot of a place that sells low quality knock offs.

Otherwise, BlueMagic is right - for (less than) half the price you can get a TaT suit that will be custom designed and tailored exactly for you, with top-notch customer service that's backed up by dozens of references here on this site.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are some former students of UBC if I recall correctly. They were/are pretty lackluster and do not have a clue about fashion/suits IMO (draw your own conclusions from the site). I tried dealing with them a bit, offered to help them out in a few ways a year or so ago, and they were not having it. Their website did not even have pictures of people wearing the suits, and later, they had pics of people in all sorts of funny positions, but none showing how the suits actually look or fit. I could not even figure out the number of vents on most.

Me, personally, I would stay away.

Edit: Their site looks a lot better now, maybe they have learned and become a bit better at what they do. I would not let the cheap price deter me too much, you can afford to give it a try at most of their prices. I would expect a cheap suit, like H&M that is supposed to fit better.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If those are actual pictures of the clothes, they don't look immediately terrible. Beyond that, hard to tell.

coopster

Reaction score
I ordered a suit yesterday. Also got two "custom" dress shirts as well for free. I figured for $280 I didnt really have much to lose.

I am kind of torn about what kind of expectations to have, one side of me wants to have very low expectations because I paying a fraction of what many custom suits cost but at the same time I am spending $280 and I dont want a *************.

I will post pics and review when it arrives.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coopster
I ordered a suit yesterday. Also got two "custom" dress shirts as well for free. I figured for $280 I didnt really have much to lose.

I am kind of torn about what kind of expectations to have, one side of me wants to have very low expectations because I paying a fraction of what many custom suits cost but at the same time I am spending $280 and I dont want a *************.

seriously, if you have such low expectations, why not just save a bit more for jason's suits which you know are going to be great?

coopster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
seriously, if you have such low expectations, why not just save a bit more for jason's suits which you know are going to be great?

I did it because if the suit actually turns out to be decent then I would have found myself a very valuable resource to be used in the future. If not I can return the suit and never go back to their website.

who is jason? is he an online suit tailor as well?

chronic

Reaction score
I did it because if the suit actually turns out to be decent then I would have found myself a very valuable resource to be used in the future. If not I can return the suit and never go back to their website.

who is jason? is he an online suit tailor as well?

You can return a custom suit?

Jason = TaT. His suits are awesome...check out the Thick as Thieves Online thread for pics and reviews.

chronic

Reaction score
Checked out the site. Suits don't look that bad...but did they have to use such douchey models? And are those black square-toed shoes with that brown suit?
plain.gif

Go with TaT.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jason = Get Smart, shoot him a PM if you have any questions. He's a pretty well-known poster on this board

bbnoad

Reaction score

Did your suit arrive yet?

avocade

Reaction score
Just ordered a white shirt to approximate the fitting before ordering a full suit. Some more info from some of you guys who've gotten your stuff and worn it for a while would be great. I'm willing to take a chance on indochino since some of their suits and coats look really good in the photos at least (charcoal, navy, navy pea coat), and they're using 150 thread count cotton wool and hand stitched interlining. Originating from Shanghai tailors is a plus, at least off-hand. The thought of getting the measurement right, and being able to order a nice new fitting suit in a good material in 5 minutes for a great price, shipped free anywhere in the world? Would be a fantastic asset for me as a modern nomad
smile.gif
PS. Though I am a bit confused by their shirts, with a stated thread count of 60 cotton. They even state, correctly, on their site that _decent_ quality shirt cotton _starts_ at 80... How do they square that circle? PPS. TaT looks like a great guy, and kudos for being so extremely active in the forums. Seems people really like the stuff, but I've seen at most one suit that I thought saw well-fitted, and I'm not sure about the design. Not by any means denigrating the quality, but perhaps it's just not for me personally.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads