• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dave Oakley

Reaction score
Well, i've just had notification that my remade jacket has shipped via DHL
smile.gif
So keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!

Last edited:

Dave Oakley

Reaction score
Well, i've just had notification that my remade jacket has shipped via DHL
smile.gif
So keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!

fonzie24

Reaction score
I hope your new jacket fits. Post pictures of it when you receive it. :)

Dave Oakley

Reaction score
Good news.. my jacket arrived today and it fits perfectly, the quality is good and it does look really great. They even added a free pocket square that matches the lining of the jacket. So i'm really happy .
smile.gif

Last edited:

robert johnston

Reaction score
Hello

I ordered a shirt in April and it arrived last week. I measured my size imputed it into the website and waited about 6 weeks for the shirt to arrive. On opening the package I could see they had oversized the shirt straight away. I and a 47 inch chest and I trailer had gave me a 54 inch chest. Hip and waist where also 7 inches wider and arms where massive. I got in contact with I trailer who informed me that a trailered shirt can vary in size by 7 inches which I find shocking for a trailered shirt. I have asked I tailer for a replacement shirt which they have refused. I have went to a local tailer who can't even alter it because of the size. I would not use these cow boys again.

avoid itailor

Reaction score
These fools have really got my goat.

I've purchased numerous products and have been very happy. Nice quality shirts, good fit.

Then I ordered 2 pairs of shoes (together). One pair were fine, the other was much smaller.

After a lot of chasing and ignored emails they eventually responded and admitted their mistake, but only after I posted on Twitter. They committed to replace the shoes. Only they never turned up.

After more chasing and more ignored emails and another tweet, they tell me they will send me yet another pair of replacement shoes. Only they don't turn up either.

More emails go unanswered so I resort to Twitter again... no reply to that this time... Instead, they BLOCKED me.

So this bunch of idiots now have made me mad. So they will get the bad press they deserve for truly appalling customer service.

I call them idiots because I cannot come up with a better description of a company that could have a happy customer if they sorted the issue. As I said at the start, the products are good, but they now have poor reviews because they have no idea how to deal with customers.

I nearly forgot, I am pretty patient... they had my money nearly 9 months ago.

Clive

Reaction score
Hi, I have not bought two suits from I Tailor, the first, a year ago was great, a nice finish, fit and fabric. The second was poor. The fabric feels cheap, the finish is not so good and they have not made it to my measurements!! When I tried to complain, I found a feedback section on their web page, told them my problems and was told they would get back to me in 24-48 hours. After a week I tried again! A week later I tried again. I still have not had anything back from them. This is unbelievably bad customer service! If I were reviewing them on the basis of the first suit I would say "go for it". But now I say stay away.

jeff316

Reaction score
As for itailor.com shirts, only buy the patterned fabrics.

The solid colour shirts are terrible.

The solid coloured fabric is thick, cheap-looking, they don't iron or dry clean well. They look just so bad. Worse than boxed shirts.

And they're never been able to get the measurements right - the shirts are always too big - thankfully the XL setting seems to fit.

In some respects the itailor.com shirt sales are a deal, but in other respects you could get a better shirt at Marshall's or Winners for cheaper.

Gautierba

Reaction score
I made my first order a few months ago with a shirt. It was good sized. I already have about 10 shirts with french cuffs and monograms.
Really nice and well fitted to my body (I'm not a model!)
I had a few problems with my first jean, suit and shoes: the size was not fine. There is a difference between my measurements and what I received. I tried again with adjustments and perfect. And it's not expensive.
Now, I made several shirts, jeans, and two suits and it's really good.

I had few fabrics issues and the customer service answered seriously with discounts or new products.
Often, I wait for good promotions to make shirts, shoes...
I really want to try the coat but I hesitate cause it need to bee really good fitted

Finally, I really recommand iTailor and I say that to my friends. One day, a fried and I were wearing the same shirt !

telegrad

Reaction score
I love my shirts and have been purchasing clothing since 2014. My only complaint is the input for sizes which will not allow me to put in short sleeves or length of jacket outside of there set parameters. I always have to email them the measurements after placing order.

cpjhenry

Reaction score
I've ordered over a dozen shirts, three suits, two blazers, half-dozen pairs of pants, and four pairs of jeans. All are made-to-measure, never by "size".
As has been mentioned, you can expect the first item to be off, and you must adjust your measurements between shirts, jackets, pants vs. jeans, etc. as fit varies by garment type. Order one of each type the first time to adjust to fit. Do not lie to yourself about your actual measurements; have someone else verify.
Once you have tweaked your size to your liking, sizing is consistent and quality is exceptional for the class, compared to other on-line retailers. This is not bespoke, but then bespoke would not be possible at this price or convenience.
My only other comment is on shipping. While I might prefer a simple postal delivery, it can take up to six weeks by this method once the item ships. DHL is iTailor's preferred courier service and while there is a $15 admin fee on top of duties and taxes on import, this courier is less idiotic than more traditional couriers. If iTailor pre-paid DHL "FOB destination" it would save the customer this admin fee.
For well fitting made-to-measure clothing, good fabric, and convenience, I certainly would recommend iTailor.

Last edited:

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No less than eight 1-2 post users vouching for italor in just two days. C'mon itailor...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads