• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone had experience with Cifonelli

Clovis Sangrail

Reaction score
I will be in Paris for a few months in March and was thinking of having a blazer made whilst there.

Does anyone here have any experience with Cifonelli? And any idea of the kind of prices they charge for a MTM jacket?

Are there any other tailors or small atteliers in Paris that can be recommended?

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, with the full mesure ... no experience with the mtm product.

The cousins are great. Recommend.

CdL starts about 20% more.

Lasbar where are you?

Lord Nonsie

Reaction score
Hi! I have had experience Cifonelli- as well as great bespoke houses in London and NYC. I was introduced by a friend of mine in NYC who said I really must try Cifonelli. Although I resisted for more than a year, I confess, I am glad I did try them. I am very impressed with Lorenzo and Massimo. I have met with both of the cousins, but I have more experience with Lorenzo. Having something made by Cifonelli is very different than the British bespoke makers. I believe that all of these talented craftsman are fantastic. I found that Cifonelli is focused on the details, perfect fit, and being more willing to adapt styles. While all great tailors care about the quality of their garments, I found Cifonelli to be extremely proud of his shop's workmanship. I am also impressed with how often he travels to NYC and how fast they can have a garment made up for a fitting. The style is a bit more forward than what I like about the British look. In that sense I do not wear my Cifonelli suit to the most formal of meetings, but then again I like he British look. Cifonelli is very sophisticated and is great for suits to wear to dinners, theatre, or even a sports jacket. Their shoulder is completely different than the English tailors, but that is what makes their cut special. For the right day, their garments are really very special.

As an American, the toughest part was communication. They know English, but sometimes we misunderstood one another and I had to resort to using my French I learned in High School (its been too long).

But Cifonelli is really special and worth experiencing.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with your post except that I'd say that their classic cut for business suits is distinctive rather than forward. I wear my suits for business all the time and never at all feel uncomfortable (but I'm not a fan of the british look, so...). Some of their sport jackets, perhaps.

They do travel quite often. I just met with Lorenzo in NYC last weekend and he told me that he'd be back in the next few weeks or so to do the fitting for my current order. They are so very particular about checking everything, especially in Paris. At one of my fittings in Paris they both crossed checked everything.

Lorenzo was wearing his newest style sport jacket and it is just superb. I think, however, I'll start with their "Travel" model.

In addition, their service is just excellent. They are very pleasant and I very much like dealing with them. I didn't find their English skills to be a difficulty.

Lasbar, where are you?

Lord Nonsie

Reaction score
Kuro, you are very right. I think your put it better, their business suit is distinctive, I found it a bit more stylized than the British styling, but I like it a great deal. Their English is not horrible and Lorenzo is fantastic to work with. I also agree that their attention to detail, checking of all measurements and passion for their work sets them apart. I also like their travel sport coat (I actually have them making one that is just about finished and I had them do their final fitting last week in NYC). Their focus on superb detailing is really fantastic.

With that said, I do like all of the tailors I use regularly and I find Cifonelli just as special as Huntsman, Anderson and Sheppard, or Logsdail!

Lord Nonsie

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I am not sure. Its always scary when you do not know the price! I know that their suit was about the same price as Huntsman's. I would suspect that the travel jacket is about the same as a Huntsman jacket.

With that said my Cifonelli garments came today and they are fabulous. Different than my everyday suits from A&S or Huntsman, or Logsdail, but just as nice... and they have a special quality to them!

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hate to say it, but I am not sure. Its always scary when you do not know the price! I know that their suit was about the same price as Huntsman's. I would suspect that the travel jacket is about the same as a Huntsman jacket.
With that said my Cifonelli garments came today and they are fabulous. Different than my everyday suits from A&S or Huntsman, or Logsdail, but just as nice... and they have a special quality to them!

photos?

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The price for a 2-pc. suit during one of their NY trips is $6,200. Given that,. I would expect a sportcoat / blazer to be $4K+.

Slight correction just for accuracy on the interwebz....

Their pricing is in euros and includes VAT (as is typical with other European merchants) so the amount depends on where/how delivery occurs and currency rates.

So above amount is off by at least few hundred (+/-) depending on where/how, etc. (IME).

Last edited:

Lord Nonsie

Reaction score
Sure. I can take photos with my iPhone this week. How do I upload the pictures?

Lord Nonsie

Reaction score
Kuro is right! Their pricing online or if you call them includes VAT. We do not do VAT here in the US, so definitely subtract that out. Even shipping is not that much. The other thing I was impressed with regarding Cifonelli is how efficient their shipping is. Yes, the UK bespoke tailors are just as swift, but I was surprised that using FedEx they were able to get it to me very quickly with no hassle.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know member Lasbar has at least one suit by them. I think I recall him saying that he almost had a coronary when he paid the bill.

Last edited:

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Perhaps things have changed, but about an year ago Lorenzo Cifonelli told me he charges his NY customers in USD.

For real 'nosebleed' prices, check out Camps de Luca - 6,000 euros for a standard 2-piece :slayer:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads