• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone had any experience with GABRIELA HEARST menswear? Any reviews of the quality?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think you are trying to mould my reply into something that satisfies your priors about me. I said I don’t like political ad campaigns That brands indulge in. I didn’t say anything about not liking interracial couples Or people of different races. My wife is an Indian American and I am half African half Italian. I am not bothered by these posters but am bothered by the fact that these brands seem to be pushing a personal agenda to appeal to the liberal millennials chasing the Excess in everything. Kind of what Phillip plein and Gucci do

Doesn't make sense to me when you say you want to avoid companies pushing a political agenda when you want companies to meet fifteen political points before you buy them.

frasiercranes

Reaction score
Doesn't make sense to me when you say you want to avoid companies pushing a political agenda when you want companies to meet fifteen political points before you buy them.
I want brands that are well made, spend minimum amount of resources of marketing fluff and blowing their own horn, are truly passionate about what they do, not have logos, treat their workers well and are not owned by Kering, swatch, richemont, lvmh etc. These are political points?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I want brands that are well made, spend minimum amount of resources of marketing fluff and blowing their own horn, are truly passionate about what they do, not have logos, treat their workers well and are not owned by Kering, swatch, richemont, lvmh etc. These are political points?

Yes, how you treat workers is a political issue.

Things such as chinos and white sneakers can only be so well made. There are a billion companies for chinos and white sneakers. Many of them are passionate about what they do, treat workers well, and don't have logos. Just stop by any one of the affiliate vendor threads on this forum. Many of them carry the kind of clothes you want. None of them, as far as I know, carry brands owned by LVMH. Many are very exclusive. They are also all well-made goods.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then I'd look into the affiliates on styfo.

Kent Wang comes to mind.

No Man Walks Alone if you want that price exclusivity. SEH Kelly. Yeossal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads