1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone going to Hong Kong soon?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by FCS, Jul 7, 2005.

1. FCS

FCS Senior member

Ordered a bunch of shirts from Jantzen but he missed a change of order and I would like it to be fixed. Since it could be forever to wait for the turnaround for overseas order, I'm wondering if someone don't mind handing in the shirts to Ricky Ho. My friend get these nine shirts done in two days when he was there so I believe he would respond much quicker to local orders.

Alternatively, if you are located in hong Kong I would really appreciate your help as well. please let me know either way. Thank you very much.

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

In a previous thread, a frequent Jantzen customer living in Hong Kong was asked if he was interested in acting as an intermediary for offshore customers while charging a modest premium. He declined the offer stating that Jantzen would probably not be pleased with the idea.

I think the idea may be worth reconsidering for those ambitious Hong Kong SF members. Instead of hoping to go undetected by Jantzen, why not simply ask if they are willing to hire a SF representative to handle their offshore orders? Said agent would pay the same price to Jantzen and be compensated with a modest premium charged to the customer.

3. Baby Pink

Baby Pink Well-Known Member

FCS,

I can appreciate your frustration. I am local, may be I can help you. Even the quality of local orders are suffering. Ricky keeps on forgetting details. I had to go to his shop three times to get one thing changed. He's way too busy.

4. Walter

Walter Senior member

I am planning to go to HK in september for 2-3 days. Do you think it will be possible to have a bunch of shirts made?

5. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

Absolutely; friend of mine played a concert out there, and in the interim, had a suit and three shirts made. [​IMG] koji

6. Walter

Walter Senior member

(Walter @ July 08 2005,05:29) I am planning to go to HK in september for 2-3 days. Do you think it will be possible to have a bunch of shirts made?
    Absolutely; friend of mine played a concert out there, and in the interim, had a suit and three shirts made. [​IMG] koji
    Did they have their suit made at Jantzen or somewhere else?

7. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

At Jantzen, I'm pretty sure. Not a bad job either (3 rolled to 2 button, fairly decent 150's wool).

koji

8. Walter

Walter Senior member

Interesting. I thought WW Chan was the way to go based on all the recommendations here. I might give Jantzen a try, so I can compare. I assume the prices should be different.

9. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

(Thracozaag @ July 08 2005,06:48) At Jantzen, I'm pretty sure. Â Not a bad job either (3 rolled to 2 button, fairly decent 150's wool). koji
    Interesting. I thought WW Chan was the way to go based on all the recommendations here. I might give Jantzen a try, so I can compare. I assume the prices should be different.
    Ask naturlaut; I think Chan is more expensive. koji

10. naturlaut

naturlaut Senior member

Well, Meiting was here only for the weekend. We met on Friday, and I brought him to Jantzen that same afternoon --- he had a fitting the following day and picked up the finished suit on Sunday. I don't think Chan could make it even logistically. If he'd stayed just two more days, I'd have brought him to Patrick (at Chan). I didn't get to see the finished suit as I wasn't free on Sunday, but the fitting looked alright, and the total price was about US$650 --- one suit, Dormeuil super 150s, and three shirts.

11. dah328

dah328 Senior member

That's significantly cheaper than Chan, but from what I've seen, Jantzen's work isn't as good. I'd also insist on multiple fittings at Jantzen since the attention to detail leaves something to be desired, perhaps because they're so busy.

dan

12. Walter

Walter Senior member

I am asking this because last time I went to HK I did not know this forum and based on an article in GQ (allright dont hit me) I bought a suit at Sam's tailor. While it is not the greatest suit on earth it has a good fit. I insisted heavily on a fiited suit because I knew that Asian tailors tended to cut a loose fit.The wool is really lightweight and I dont think it will last very long though.

Anyway I was thinking of having one really good suit made at Chan and maybe making one or two others elsewhere.

13. cmj920

cmj920 New Member

Does anyone have any experience with a suit made at Jantzen? How did it turn out?

14. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

In a previous thread, a frequent Jantzen customer living in Hong Kong was asked if he was interested in acting as an intermediary for offshore customers while charging a modest premium. He declined the offer stating that Jantzen would probably not be pleased with the idea.

I think the idea may be worth reconsidering for those ambitious Hong Kong SF members. Instead of hoping to go undetected by Jantzen, why not simply ask if they are willing to hire a SF representative to handle their offshore orders? Said agent would pay the same price to Jantzen and be compensated with a modest premium charged to the customer.

- they don't take to that kindly
    - FWIW Jantzen is great value for when comparing what is available any where is, but let me pose a numbers game & why I am so secretive about my Mystery guy.
    - if you order 10 shirts from Jantzen, 7 will be good & the balance are a bitter experience. They are busy due to the internet
    - through trial an error & have had to pay for my experience to find a maker where in 16 shirts over the last 2 weeks, all have surpassed my expectations for the same price as what Jantzen would charge
    - would this be different if they had the same amount of traffic that Jantzen get? Yes..
    - Oh.. & the buttons do not drop of like other esteemed Italian tailors..